Prices of Diesel along the Woomera - Oodnadatta- Mt Dare- Birdsville- Marree - Leigh Creek loop

Borec

Planning a Simpson travel next year, and trying to put my finances together as well, so I was wondering if anybody who has recently travelled along that route could provide me with diesel prices at various points along that loop.
Thank you
Borec

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
We paid $2.00 per litre at Mt Dare on the 4th of June this year, and $1.60 per litre when we got to Birdsville.

I do believe that the price went up just after we filled at Mt Dare though.
When I went to pay, the bloke at the till asked the woman that unlocked the bowser what the price was, and she said, "It's still set to $2.00, but I'm just about to put it up." So it could be completely different by now.

EDIT: And we paid $1.279 at Coober Pedy on the 10th of May.

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Allowing $2 / lt avg is usually safe.
It's usually pretty stable at Oodnadatta / Birdsville $1.70 / $1.80, Mt Dare $2.20 / $2.30.
Some places lower down like Wiliam Ck / Marree can be $2, we find Lyndhurst or Leigh Ck better value, or Woomera if going that way.

oldlux

I have found on a few occasions William Creek at $2.20 is dearer than Mt Dare $2.00, most expensive I've found is $3.30 on the Canning. Like Les says, allow $2.00 ltr and you wont go far wrong.