Prado 120 Safari Snorkel Foam Body Gasket???

MrMiller

Greetings all!

First time post here...

I've recently purchased and received an R-Spec Safari Snorkel Kit for my 2004 Prado 120 GXL 4.0L Petrol V6...

All of the parts check according to the parts list and the instructions are quite clear. I have the tools and have absolutely no problem fitting the snorkel myself, but I have not been able to find any information on whether or not this particular install requires the self adhesive foam body gasket that I've seen most snorkel installs use in my research.

Does the Safari snorkel body sit directly on the guard? Or am I required to source a foam body gasket to insulate the snorkel from a 3rd party?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

CTL

Welcome. What are you referring to? A bit of foam between the snorkel and the mudguard? Or?
And have you phoned Safari and asked them?

MrMiller

Yes I'm referring to the bit of adhesive foam between the snorkel itself and the body of the car. The vast majority of DIY installs I've researched have that bit of foam. Including the 150 series Prado. I found it odd that the kit for my 120 series doesn't have it as well as it just makes sense to have that to absorb any vibrations. I haven't called Safari as of yet. Just thought I'd ask here first.

shanegtr

Cant comment directly for the prado, but when I installed a safari onto my 80 series there was no foam gasket - just bolted straight up to the body panel

Rusty Panels

I fitted a Safari to my old Hilux and used black silicone to seal where it joined the guard. It looked and worked fine.

MrMiller

Thanks for the help guys. I spoke to Safari directly and the foam gasket isn’t required for the install on the 120 Prado so I’m going to tackle it this weekend.

CTL

Good to hear Safari answered your question. I have installed a couple of snorkels, none had a foam body gasket.