powering a fridge

Luthy

Ok might be a dumb question but were do u store the power cord that goes into fridge while its on the fridge slide. Do people unplug it or do u just stuff it behind the fridge and when u pull the fridge slide out do u then try and put it back without jamming it up?
Thanks in advance
Luthy

Im in the process of making some drawers up for the back of my truck and installing a fridge slide but have a socket in the tray but im not sure ho

80lover96gxl

Do you have an insulating bag around your fridge ? if so, slide the fridge out and see how much excess cord you have and stash that down the side of the fridge bag.
Works for me with a drop slide where the chance of snagging excess cord is high. I have about 500 mm of excess cord that is stuffed down the side of the bag and no issues.

GUnka

Do you have an insulating bag around your fridge ? if so, slide the fridge out and see how much excess cord you have and stash that down the side of the fridge bag.
Works for me with a drop slide where the chance of snagging excess cord is high. I have about 500 mm of excess cord that is stuffed down the side of the bag and no issues.
Especially if ya forget to lock the bloody thing all the time hey mate! ;):p

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
I've seen stretchy cord (like old corded phone hand sets) the wiring is run inside and it sort of retracts and stretches to those sort of distances.

Maybe Google can find some info.

GUnka

I've seen stretchy cord (like old corded phone hand sets) the wiring is run inside and it sort of retracts and stretches to those sort of distances.

Maybe Google can find some info.
That's what iv'e done. Got one from supercrap, cut the ends off and joined my fridge plugs back on either end.

GUnka

The other thing ya can try which is what I was gunna do to start off with is use one of those retracty things ya get for keys and swipe cards that clip onto a pocket or something

Albynsw

I just use a bit of shock cord like on a ute tarp and tie it to the cord and then on the roof of my fridge slide compartment

It keeps enough tension on the power lead to stay in the air out of the way of the slide mechanism.

I also run the power lead up through the back fridge handle so that the shock cord is not pulling at the plug and accidentally disconnecting it.

Luthy

Thanks for the replys im liking the bungee cord technique atm. Drawers will be getting made next week and slide is on its way.

Cheers Luthy

hiluxdriver

I like the bungee cord idea too, mine normally just hangs loose back there and hope that nothing falls on it or gets tangled up. Great idea lads!

Ray Chalmers

Mine shorted and blew the fuse when it got caught. Pretty simple fix I Ordered 2x 1m of cable drag chain wire carrier off ebay for $40, figure out the correct lengths and pop riveted to the slide, as mine is a drop slide i did it for the slide and the drop, looks really neat and there is no chance of my problem happening again.To check it out have a look at this short video i made of it in action.