Power

Every time there is a thunder storm we loose power :rolleyes:
While sitting by candle light no .
Water to fill the kettle , wash hands , flush the toilet :oops:
We were thinking about big Billy when he wins the Election & 50% renewables
Little Miss can't get home from school the elecric car can't be charged .
Daddy is stuck at the train station the electric trains are rationed .
Mummy is at home no electronic equipment , damn powers out at the server :eek:
Please Lord bring it on , we would love to see those soy Lovey Dovey city folk suffer :p

Every time there is a thunder storm we loose power :rolleyes:
While sitting by candle light no .
Water to fill the kettle , wash hands , flush the toilet :oops:
We were thinking about big Billy when he wins the Election & 50% renewables
Little Miss can't get home from school the elecric car can't be charged .
Daddy is stuck at the train station the electric trains are rationed .
Mummy is at home no electronic equipment , damn powers out at the server :eek:
Please Lord bring it on , we would love to see those soy Lovey Dovey city folk suffer :p
They'll be suffering more when they are under water!
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...-times-faster-than-thought-raising-sea-level/
http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/gl...ating-glacier-contribution-to-sea-level-rise/

Dig more coal up, Wilkie Creek has tons for Swanbank, whingers are whiney about NewHope the tonnage that must still be there as an unviable underground mining operation, now open cut , 35 coal trains a week between the two. Be more worried about PFAS, if I was them.
Some can't will whinge about the new wind farm where ever that was announced for? hoo ha over solar farms, don't put them in my back yard they say.

Some days I wish that Jimmy Jong and The Orange man did push the button, enter the Mad Max era, as any good prepper should I have enough cans of pal and chum[it's so chumpy you can carve it] stashed for the first few years, then I eat the easter bunnies taste just like chicken they do, and me batteries shelf life will be up, and have to drink boar water by then too.:cool:

hiluxdriver

I'm not going to debate whether climate change is real or not, but something I think we can all understand is how good is it being at camp and not having to start the car to charge batteries thanks to solar? It's free power minus any byproduct (after initial outlay of course). Why shouldn't a plan be made to move that way?

People can have as much solar as they like on there property ;)
We don't do solar we buy our power from Ergon & we really do like it to be on all the time :p was off before again no pump no water & man that is frustrating :confused:

Marck

Its funny how the coal argument is about energy.

The embarrasing part of it all is australia has been on a wave of recorce backed properity for a long time now ( i work in the recorces sector so i am thankfull) and with all the wealth generated we did nothing of value with it. The end of carbon based energy has been coming for a long time. We should be at the leading edge of renewables we should have an entire industry being fostered and grown. Even oil companies are heavily investing in renewables.

But no we will just sit here and continue to cling onto diging up coal that in 25 years no one will want.

I can tell you one thing for sure i would not encourage my kids to become miners its a short term future.

The question of weather we should build more coal burning power stations is hard. On one side its cheep and we have plenty. But on the other its not great for our environment and if we do we will be even futher behind the curve when it comes to a renewables industry in OZ.

The reason our poor cousins in the southern states have these power issues is no one will make a call one way or the other so industry has confidence to spend the $$ to build the generation capacity.

Personaly i think a lot of OZ should be nuclear. We have plenty of uranium. We are largly geotechnicaly stable and technology has come a long way so nuclear is fairly safe appart from the waste problem.

But until then this is the way forward

just put a big red notice in the box, To Whom it may concern, dont touch the RED wire, I don't know who did that, but it was not me :cool:

And while he is fixing your power, get him to nip down the road, the Pub is last on the North feeder and it's Pizza night, I'm on the southern feeder an it is going out here like crazy. I pay a service fee, I want service!

LONG live the million year old dead trees and dinosaur guts.

Albynsw

I think we get scammed a bit with this new industry/economy around climate change. The real cost to the environment of creating and disposing of these “environmentally friendly “ items is underplayed deliberately to promote this new business
I am not anti or pro this whole global warming debate just very sceptical of what is said and by whom. That Flannery and Al Gore pelican left a sour taste in my mouth with all the crap they spruiked 10 about years ago and yet no one ever holds them to account for it.

Can anyone explain to me why a lot of these records for unusual weather ( hottest, driest, wettest) etc that we keep breaking are often ones from before the industrial revolution..........what event caused those records back then?
Also has there been any changes to sea levels in Australia?

In general I think it is good that we look after the planet and our environment but I don’t like being scammed into doing it. Common sense seems to go out the window with many people chasing ideologies

typhoeus

Its funny how the coal argument is about energy.

The embarrasing part of it all is australia has been on a wave of recorce backed properity for a long time now ( i work in the recorces sector so i am thankfull) and with all the wealth generated we did nothing of value with it. The end of carbon based energy has been coming for a long time. We should be at the leading edge of renewables we should have an entire industry being fostered and grown. Even oil companies are heavily investing in renewables.

But no we will just sit here and continue to cling onto diging up coal that in 25 years no one will want.

I can tell you one thing for sure i would not encourage my kids to become miners its a short term future.

The question of weather we should build more coal burning power stations is hard. On one side its cheep and we have plenty. But on the other its not great for our environment and if we do we will be even futher behind the curve when it comes to a renewables industry in OZ.

The reason our poor cousins in the southern states have these power issues is no one will make a call one way or the other so industry has confidence to spend the $$ to build the generation capacity.

Personaly i think a lot of OZ should be nuclear. We have plenty of uranium. We are largly geotechnicaly stable and technology has come a long way so nuclear is fairly safe appart from the waste problem.

But until then this is the way forward

I suspect the coal burning power stations put out "safer" pollution that a lithium mine or battery factory