Possibily going to Yalwal Oct 22nd - Interest?

03gallagherj

Hey guys myself and the Batemans Bay 4x4 club may very well be heading out to Yalwal on the 22nd of October for a days worth of wheeling starting at 6am from the intersection of deans gap road and turpentine road, so we can get as much in as possible.

Trails planned to hit up are:
  • Mintbush
  • Monkey Gum
  • Dusty's
  • Tree Root
  • Wombat Flats rock steps
  • Exploring other trails too

So for these trails I ask that you have a
  • 2-3 inch lift
  • larger diameter tyres than standard
  • Locker(s) although not needed

Meeting details:
  • Saturday 22nd of October 2011
  • 6am
  • Intersection Deans Gap Road and Turpentine road
  • UHF: 25

ATTENDING
03gallagherj - Jackson
Llewellyn

Maybe/Interested

I think thats it guys, just copy and paste the list that suits you and add your name into it
Jackson

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Spewing guys! shame that you wont be able to make it, this is pretty well the only time I'll be available until December I do believe.

03gallagherj

Not a worry Warren, be aware that we're not doing the same trails as before and that you may not come out without a dent. Although I know you've got a pretty capable truck

03gallagherj

Just a day trip mate, the few of us that are heading up have got commitments to tend to after the day's finished so we decided amount ourselves that 6am (for us) is the best but even if we dont leave until 7am we should still cover plenty of ground.
We were just wanting to get most out of our day.

hiluxdriver

geez mate, point me in the direction of a camp site in the arvo and I'm a better chance. I need to leave home by 3am to get there by 6 so its a big day.

03gallagherj

Yeah we're looking at having a big day out there we'll be leaving around 3:30am from canberra. If you camp down at wombat flats campgrounds hopefully this google maps thing works.

34°58'34.31"S 150°25'8.69"E - Google Maps

We'll be able to meet you down there nice and early probably say 6:30 we'll be starting from down at the campsite (this is actually where we'll be starting from) we'll just give you a yell on the UHF to get into contact with you

NIAL8R

we could also be in but will camp there the night before. is it cool if my 2 little ones come ?? hence the reason for camping there the night before :D

Jeep_jk112

You guys should find yalwal that bit cleaner now. 70 people showed up to clean the place was good fun, jeez! there are some extreme tracks down there.

Rocket55

Hi Jackson,

I'm a chance for this, will confirm in the next couple of days. Will have wife and 2 kids in tow.

Cheers

Rod

ATTENDING
03gallagherj - Jackson
Llewellyn - Locked Sierra

Maybe/Interested
Scott - Twin Locked Hilux
Rocket55 - Twin Locked Hilux (Rod)

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Sounds great guys, it may look like our twin locked hilux is out of the game for the moment with him just purchasing a new TFcase with 4.7 reductions in it, pulled his old one off and new one is the wrong spline count pulled them both apart to see if he was able to swap the part over, no luck..... story short hes down a TFcase with hope he will get the part fitted before friday night.

Oh and one quick question ...... WHO IS WANTING TO BE OUR CAMERA CREW :p :cool:

Jackson

Last edited:

03gallagherj

You guys should find yalwal that bit cleaner now. 70 people showed up to clean the place was good fun, jeez! there are some extreme tracks down there.

I read your post mate, if we find any rubbish laying around out on the trails that you guys didnt end up getting to (with 70 vehicles i dont think there will be many) we'll be sure to pick it up. Great to see you had a good weekend in there spewing i had uni stuff to tend to, currently there on campus studying away for the big exams tomorrow :\ why exams on a sunday why??????

03gallagherj

Hey guys, looks as though Llewellyn and myself may very well be heading down to the wombat flats campsite on the friday afternoon/night, really depends on what time work finishes up and how we're both feeling, at this stage we're looking at heading down for the friday night and will be leaving Wombat flats campsite at around about 6:30-7am for a full day of action.

Hope to see you guys there.

03gallagherj

Currently its whats stated in the attending/maybes list as far as im aware. Could be more could be less just the way these things go, but im hoping for a great turnout :D

Doesnt look like my mate with his twin locked lux will be coming though :( hes still down as a maybe while his TF case is in bits :(
See how he gets on this week but hes probably not coming

EDIT: Looks as though myself and Llewellyn may be camping the friday night down at Wombat flats campgrounds we'll be arriving Friday night probably around 9pm and departing the camp at around 6:30 - 7am on the Saturday morning for a day of 4x4 madness :D.
At this stage its a go for us camping but it depends on what work dictates to Llewellyn on Friday arvo.

See you all there :) ..... well those who are coming anyway

Last edited:

NIAL8R

i was just thinking with the Batemans Bay 4x4 club joining in there would be alot in total ??? if we ( and should be ) camp the friday night we should be there around the 1830hrs mark. white duel cab hilux with canopy. will confirm a defenite thursday arvo but so far so good :D