Portable toilets

Synchro

I had sworn off porta potties a few years ago after a sad experience when I forgot to empty one that sat in a camper trailer in 40 degree heat for 4 days after being used by the family for a couple of days :( I was a dry reaching mess when I emptied that one
So what is different about this one so that when you empty it after 4 days in 40degree heat you will not be a dry reaching mess - hmmm I am the same.

stevemc181

So what is different about this one so that when you empty it after 4 days in 40degree heat you will not be a dry reaching mess - hmmm I am the same.
The difference is I won't leave it for 6 or 7 days in total before I empty it and the nappy san seems to work better than the last stuff I was using. I've used this one for 4 days and emptied it with no extremely bad smell. Obviously you still have to deal with the aftermath and visual delight of a pile of dissolved turds while you empty it, but thats life ;)

CaptainBanana

I had a dometic originally which failed twice by cracking around the filler threads strangely enough, warranty once and I just threw it away after the second occurrence. I now have the Porta potti 165 but we've only used it a couple of times, it does feel much flimiser but I'll see what happens in terms of longevity.

The fact is I crapped in one of these for a year straight and would not have it any other way.... Digging holes and squatting against trees is much too much work unless you're still in your 20s which I am definitely not

Bomber2012

A quick google search for dump points in Victoria wasn't very encouraging I only found 4 sites in the state . Is it ok to dump it in a normal (public ) toilet and what other options do you have with regard to dumping .

CaptainBanana

A quick google search for dump points in Victoria wasn't very encouraging I only found 4 sites in the state . Is it ok to dump it in a normal (public ) toilet and what other options do you have with regard to dumping .
Even wiki camp's showed bugger all points but occasionally I'd go to a caravan park and pay the $2-$5 fee to use theirs.

I have used standard toilets but you need to be very careful how you start the "pour".... Very careful.

There are a couple of different types of chemicals also.

Edit: many many more are now listed. Screenshot_20200115_090555_au.com.angryrobot.wikicamps.jpg Screenshot_20200115_090551_au.com.angryrobot.wikicamps.jpg Screenshot_20200115_090555_au.com.angryrobot.wikicamps.jpg Screenshot_20200115_090551_au.com.angryrobot.wikicamps.jpg

rob_macca67

What do people do in regards to carrying water in the top tank? Do u fill the top tank full or leave it empty and just add the water when needed?

stevemc181

What do people do in regards to carrying water in the top tank? Do u fill the top tank full or leave it empty and just add the water when needed?
I leave home with the top tank nearly full, the lid is not sealed the best and leaks a bit from splashing when going over the rough stuff, but it’s only water so doesn’t bother me. When emptying at a dump point I fill it again at the same time if water is available.

rob_macca67

I leave home with the top tank nearly full, the lid is not sealed the best and leaks a bit from splashing when going over the rough stuff, but it’s only water so doesn’t bother me. When emptying at a dump point I fill it again at the same time if water is available.
Interesting.... can make it quite heavy then...

stevemc181

One word of advice and I learnt the hardway. If you've been traveling and the contents of your portaloo have been stewing away for a while, then make sure you open the slider slowly with the lid closed first. Otherwise you may end up with a face full of crap, don't ask me how I found this out ;)
It's best to vent the pressure before you open the lid, always remember this!

Bomber2012

One word of advice and I learnt the hardway. If you've been traveling and the contents of your portaloo have been stewing away for a while, then make sure you open the slider slowly with the lid closed first. Otherwise you may end up with a face full of crap, don't ask me how I found this out ;)
It's best to vent the pressure before you open the lid, always remember this!
Thank you ....a dirty sanchez is not my idea of fun . :D

Test