Political correctness just going crazy.

Albynsw

I am not happy with being called “Straight” and think we should remove the word from our language.
For me it has a negative connotation that is offensive, they are insinuating I am part of mainstream society and don’t have any rights as I am not part of a minority group. It leaves me feeling disempowered and not respected.

I am offended, I need a hug..............

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just to help Brian with his beliefs does anyone reckon we should start a petition to have the movie "Gold Finger " banned so as not to offend Gays?

typhoeus

So the word Gay and its historical meaning has been hijacked for another meaning and then they want to tell those that are using the work in into intended correct context that they can no longer do so ???
I’ve got another idea how about those that want to use the word Gay for their sexual orientation come up with another word and leave the ice cream alone, it was using the term before they were

I went to a new doctors surgery yesterday and had to fill out the usual information sheet with my details , next of kin allergies and illnesses etc etc
The question of my gender was tick a box and I had a choice of Male, Female,Neither and Unknown o_O o_O WTF is this world heading
I would have ticked unknown, if the doc really needs to know, i,ll drop my dacks and show them.

discomatt

Can't we keep the tech and dispose of the political correctness that is out of control, I watched 2 minutes of the Golden Gaytime wanker and had to turn it off.
Simple fact is that wankers like him are the problem and they should be sent to the Chinese "re education camps" where millions of Weigers go to slave labor, torture and death

Albynsw

I don’t think technology has anything to do with it. The problem is we have allowed these minority groups to dictate to the masses and I think the reason it has happened is because people think that is the way you show respect to them.
Words mean nothing, it is the intent that matters. You only have to look at some of the four letter words that can be used in aggression as a term of endearment or the name of a sex organ so dropping words like Gay being attached to an ice cream is of no consequence if your attitude or thought towards them is the same.

boobook

Where does this end? Not satisfied with a Gay Flag, the Yarra Council thinks it is not diverse enough so is plannng to spend a ton of money showing 5 different types of Gay flags.

The Greens-led City of Yarra council is in a flap over which “pride” flags should fly above its town halls for the sake of diversity.
The inner city council that spent $22,000 of ratepayer money on a banana sculpture, now wants to stop flying the Rainbow or gay pride flag above its Richmond, Collingwood and Fitzroy halls.

The controversial council instead wants to run at least five different pride flags up the poles of its municipal offices, on the recommendation of its “rainbow advisory committee”.

It also wants to fly the “international campaign to abolish nuclear weapons” flag at all three of his headquarters.

Councillors will next week vote on amendments to Yarra’s “civic flag policy and community flag schedule”.

“The consensus view of the rainbow advisory committee was that council should cease flying the rainbow flag,’’ an agenda item for next Tuesday’s meeting said.

“And move instead to the use of the intersex-inclusive pride flag for those occasions where council seeks to acknowledge the complete diversity of Yarra’s community.’’

Flag-Confusion_sj81yTqPv.svg

Toyasaurus

The more panels these twat`s sit on the more money they make.
Who gives a crap that the rate payers are footing the bill for a bunch of crap.

ICAC or it`s interstate equivalant`s should start having a really good look at the way some of these wankers operate.

LongRoad2Go

Have seen this new TV commercial several times, and it's blatantly clear they've avoided actually saying the name of the product. More PC bullcrap.

Maybe they should've used a female as the 'mate', because it sounds even more camp with the bloke saying 'give us a bite'. :oops:

Toyasaurus

According to the Greens, we should go back to living in caves and hunting bear with pointed stick.

I wonder how well these pecker heads would do if we took away everything that run`s on electricity and fuel from them.

At least we wouldn`t have to put up with any more of there hare brained schemes, or listen to them prattle on about things they have know idea how to fix.

Triton14

According to the Greens, we should go back to living in caves and hunting bear with pointed stick.

I wonder how well these pecker heads would do if we took away everything that run`s on electricity and fuel from them.

At least we wouldn`t have to put up with any more of there hare brained schemes, or listen to them prattle on about things they have know idea how to fix.
Its a worry how they get so much support.

OMG the world is ending...............................................sell it & we will get in :rolleyes:

These twits have only one way of thinking, that all human influence is bad.

They seem to have this supremacism mentality which we saw in the early to mid 1900's with a regime that was single focused :oops:

Give them an inch & they will take 100ft & land us all back in the stone age!

G_ute

The thing is, people will stop doing things just because of the things name. Shallow, but true.
I wont stop drinking "Mount Gay Rum" (est 1703) because of some bogan homophobes think that makes me a poo stabber.
Seriously, if you like rum, try it.

LongRoad2Go

Same bull happened with Coon Cheese, now named CHEER ... sounds like an Aldi rip-off.

Someone jumped out of the wood pile and decided it was defamatory ... after about 90 years ... the company buckled to the minority. Ironic thing is, most people these days wouldn't have linked the word 'Coon' as a racial slur because it's virtually a dead word, just like 'cobber', 'sheila', 'pash', etc. DUMB.