Pod trailer and a Bundutop

4x4 Earth Black Friday Sale

fattima

Just got my pod trailer setup. Bought the trailer about a year back second hand, it had hardly been used so was like new. Was checking out various tent setups and decided on a Bundutop after much consideration. So ordered it a while back and have finally got it, all mounted up today and ready to go. Need to mount the battery in the front box and add solar to the roof, have a panel ready to go. Main hold up is not been able to leave Melbourne to go anywhere at the moment :(
pod1.jpg

pod2.jpg

CTL

That looks mighty impressive. A great light weight touring setup.
One question. Those Bundutops are pretty weighty. Will the those suppoerts be strong enough on rough tracks?

fattima

That looks mighty impressive. A great light weight touring setup.
One question. Those Bundutops are pretty weighty. Will the those suppoerts be strong enough on rough tracks?
Good question, I had a talk with the guys at pod about that as I was worried. They reckon with the cross brace it should be fine. The Bundutop is about 75-80 kilo so not crazy. I'm going to add an extra support under the tent since Bundutec suggest it, the guys I bought it off reckon two supports are OK but I'd prefer to over engineer.

CTL

Good question, I had a talk with the guys at pod about that as I was worried. They reckon with the cross brace it should be fine. The Bundutop is about 75-80 kilo so not crazy. I'm going to add an extra support under the tent since Bundutec suggest it, the guys I bought it off reckon two supports are OK but I'd prefer to over engineer.
80kgs as a static load doubles, or thereabouts, as a dynamic load. Better to be safe than sorry, particularly in the middle of nowhere.

fattima

Finally got away with the trailer. Did a quick run up to Red Cliffs and spent some time on the Murray. Took the Falcon ute since my Disco needs a new cranks seal. I've added a 160W panel on the roof and a battery in the front box and all that worked well. Trailer towed like a dream as you would expect for something so light, really quick to setup and pack down. Was pretty good sitting in bed looking out across the Murray of a morning.
falcontent.jpg