Pichi Rich Railway and Southern Flinders (very pic heavy)

Grippy

I went to visit the old dear last week and we took the boy on the Pichi Richi Railway, she used to live at Quorn so knew the people still working on it. I managed ot get out and get some other shots while up there too. Didn't have time for any tracks sadly, had to come back and help her clean out my grandpa's house and run a trailer load of stuff back up to her place :confused: Lot's of driving for the week.
IMGP4862 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP4854 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP4850 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8734 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8688 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8528 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8537 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8534 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8531 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP4933 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
Untitled_Panorama1f by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP4816 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8671 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8508 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr
IMGP8506 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr

80lover96gxl

Brilliant.
Some stunning pic's there mate.
I love that area between Stirling north and Quorn the way the road winds thru those hills.

Actually you may know , is it at all possible to drive the track that runs adjacent to the rail line from S nth to Quorn?
A mate and i are trying to research if it is at all possible, and allowed.

Grippy

Thanks fellas.
Brian, I eyed off the track you mentioned, there are some ripper camp spots in there. The old dear drives through the pass to work at Hawker some mornings and says there is always people camped in and around there. As for driving the track I am not sure, I don't recall seeing any fences or gates on any of them, but they all lead to private land which could be tricky. My mum knows pretty much all of the people up around there and reckons they would be open to let people stay on their properties etc.
We used to stay for a week at a time when I was a kid over the Western side of Jarvis Hill on her friends property, some stunning country in there and Aboriginal artwork the public would never see etc.

80lover96gxl

Thanks fellas.
Brian, I eyed off the track you mentioned, there are some ripper camp spots in there. The old dear drives through the pass to work at Hawker some mornings and says there is always people camped in and around there. As for driving the track I am not sure, I don't recall seeing any fences or gates on any of them, but they all lead to private land which could be tricky. My mum knows pretty much all of the people up around there and reckons they would be open to let people stay on their properties etc.
We used to stay for a week at a time when I was a kid over the Western side of Jarvis Hill on her friends property, some stunning country in there and Aboriginal artwork the public would never see etc.
Cheers mate.
Yeah was thinking access could be an issue with the private properties but can only ask the question of owners i guess to see if they mind us just passing thru and staying on the main track and not venturing off as we'd just be continuing along the track itself.
More research to be done at this point.

Those Aboriginal paintings would be great to see but i imiagine they'd be on private land also ?