Photos added to a track

hazza

How long does it take for them to appear? Is it automated or is it reviewed by an admin first?

I have uploaded a few photos to the Landcruiser Mountain Park track and they still have not appeared, I was curious why not.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
The longest for some of the track I have put up was 5 days but most are done in a 24-48 hours of your posting

hazza

My mistake,was thinking he meant photos
I did, I have uploaded photos I took on the 8th/9th of August while at LCMP. The first couple of photos were monsters so I resized them to a max of 1024x768.

That was a couple of days ago but the photos are still not there.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
You may have exceed the max size and that is why it didn't go up. The photos show up straight away.

Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
bmp 19.5 KB 620 280
doc 400.0 KB - -
gif 19.5 KB 620 280
jpe 19.5 KB 620 280
jpeg 1.05 MB - -
jpg 1.05 MB - -
pdf 400.0 KB - -
png 19.5 KB 620 280
psd 19.5 KB - -
txt 19.5 KB - -
zip 97.7 KB - -

hazza

The first couple were over the limit for JPG's but the rest are between 134k and 326k, well under the 1Meg limit. I will try again..... do they have to have anything in the box above it?

hazza

Nope, still does not work. Once uploaded it gives me a message: "Thankyou for your submission. We will review your changes asap."

I take that to mean:
1. They review all submitted photos and decide to add them or not.
2. They only do that for newer members and any photos I upload are being "held" for now.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
You can't add additional photos to the track which is a feature request. The big thing is make sure the photo appears in the attachment list. When doing the tracks you can add 4 images

hazza

You can't add additional photos to the track which is a feature request. The big thing is make sure the photo appears in the attachment list. When doing the tracks you can add 4 images
That I don't understand, maybe I am doing it the wrong way:
  1. Click the "Report changes..." link
  2. Click the "Browse" button
  3. Find my JPG image
  4. Click "Email track changes"

How I am supposed to add 4 images at once? There is only one box to list a single file.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sorry found it, go in to "my Workshop" found on the top right of the page. Double click on the track in question and there a small icon beside the title name. This is a the edit button and you can revisit the track and add more photos.

When submitting a new track with photos it will take a few days before it appears in your track list and the map

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
That I don't understand, maybe I am doing it the wrong way:
  1. Click the "Report changes..." link
  2. Click the "Browse" button
  3. Find my JPG image
  4. Click "Email track changes"

How I am supposed to add 4 images at once? There is only one box to list a single file.

1 image per box.

hazza

I just submitted a trip for a drive from Cania Gorge to the Beautiful Betsy crash site.

I attached 3 (or maybe 4??) photos, it said that they are going to review it before it is published.

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
You can add pics to other peoples tracks, I did it recently for Reference Track in Victoria.

Just open up the track you wish to add pictures too and just click on the little envelope that says ' report track changes' etc.

That will do it.