Photography

Are you interested in Photography?

• Total voters

Justin_S

Some Composition Tips.
Your subject should not always be in the centre of the image
Look up the "rule of thirds"
Your subject should generally be the lightest point of your image.

stanvl

Finding the balance is the issue. I love photography but need to be sensitive to the rest of the group.

BUSHNUT

Sunset are my thing or sunrises if I can shake the night before off and get ready for it.

Great photos Justin S and sdollery , You would have waited for the right light for those shots, usually I dont have that luxury, wish I did . In the old days of 35mm , I used a Minolta 101 with different lens configs , I now use a canon 30 EOS 30D with a 17 - 85 mm lens.

Still learning. I have only by sheer ass been in the right spot, in the right light all at once, some of these professional photographers wait for days to get it just right .

On trips, I choose to be tailend charlie because, you can watch all the stuff ups and corrections made of those before you. The other reason is that you can take a photo any time you want without someone breathing down your ass ! :D:D

Another golden rule is , a good way to stuff up a photo is to have someone in it , thats unless she has legs all the way up and looks real cute ! :D:D

What can I say, I appreciate beauty !:D:D:D

Attachments

• sunset1.jpg
    sunset1.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 143
  • sunsets 2.jpg
    sunsets 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 135

stanvl

Dunno about people stuffing shots up. Sometimes maybe but when you look back on old shots its the ones with people that you know that count. Tail end charlie idea is good though. To much pressure and lots of crappy shots otherwise.

grit

Dunno about people stuffing shots up. Sometimes maybe but when you look back on old shots its the ones with people that you know that count. Tail end charlie idea is good though. To much pressure and lots of crappy shots otherwise.

I sometimes use people in photos to show proportion. Its always intentional and I have seen some quite funny results in 4wding action shots where people can look far smaller than they should. Will look for a typical example and post it up (when its found).

lordy

pics/Amity point 2005

These two i thought were fair.

Attachments

• 2005_0106NY0010.JPG
    2005_0106NY0010.JPG
    870.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 2005_0106NY0017.JPG
    2005_0106NY0017.JPG
    871.2 KB · Views: 118

magoomba

Here are some photos i have taken while out Jeeping.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 141
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 143
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 154
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 160
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 144

magoomba

AirShow

I guess allot of you had fun off roading today. Well some of us had to work. Thought i'd share with you some photos i took of the airshow at Amberley QLD. It was hot heavy work.
Best of all there was traffic and people "every where" ... no wonder we like 4x4 driving and camping ...lol

Attachments

• AirShow.jpg
    AirShow.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 102
  • AirShow1.jpg
    AirShow1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 115
  • AirShow2.jpg
    AirShow2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 121
  • AirShow3.jpg
    AirShow3.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 104

inkpig70

here are some pics my 13 year old daughter has taken while out 4wd:cool:

Attachments

• 100_4630.jpg
    100_4630.jpg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_4653.jpg
    100_4653.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_4612.jpg
    100_4612.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 112

Sharky

Shane, that pic is a pearler mate. That should be block mounted or framed & sold in huge proportion. If it ever happens let me know, I'll buy 1. Well done mate.

Sharky

I like ocean shots & pics of kids, they're usually doing something worthy of capturing on film. Here's a few we've taken. My wife definitely needs lessons. I know the basics but I'd like a better camera if $$ permitted.

Photos501.jpg Photos111.jpg Photos025.jpg Photos072.jpg Photos203.jpg

pody

Hi new to the site some great pics there! Here's a few of mine just a few different things.

IMG_2250copy.jpg

Moon3.jpg

CopyofOutlookfromSulphurMtn.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
I love photography, both stills and video. I've just made our Tassie trip into an epic movie, only used Windows Moviemaker but did the trick for me as I was able to combine both my stills, videos and music. Great fun but don't think the friends are up to 4 hrs of home movies.

Patriot

Administrator
Hey guys, there are some great pictures. Magoombas sunset is magnificent.
The time lapse photos are great too.

Hoping to put a photo gallery up soon so it is easier to share photos.

Cheers,

James