Photo report from ningaloo coast 2013 & 2012 (warning many photos)

darb

Hey Y'all, newbie here though id just sharing some snaps from a couple weeks up on the Ningaloo coast. Fair bit of crappy weather but made the most of the good weather days.

We did vast majority of driving through night due to bub and other reasons ... was like driving through Noah's arc the amount of bulls, roos, emus, sheep, foxes, cats, dogs, rabbits and weird salt bushes that start to resemble aliens.

The young lad did us proud and put up with some seriously long hours in the saddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

darb

And this is the 2012 one

-- 3 weeks, 3000 odd km's, a ton of touring ... 33 - 36c blue sky & calm day after day, bloody great trip to Ningaloo region. (Ningaloo Reef coast (Coral Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo station, Outer Reefs, Warorra station, cape range national park, Exmouth US navy pier ... and other places in between))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JP25

Killer shots mate! I traveled Ningaloo in 2001. Gees I want to go back!
Thanks for the shots.

prawns

yeah great shots - got a laugh out of the one where the octopus inked you (been there before lols - used to work on a pearl farm and we got them in the boat all the time)

You sure that first photo wasnt taken from the starship enterprise or somthing? lols your dash looks awesome at night

Toddyh

I can confirm that is the most jealous I have ever been looking at photos. Just awesome. Thanks for sharing:D

darb

yeah great shots - got a laugh out of the one where the octopus inked you (been there before lols - used to work on a pearl farm and we got them in the boat all the time)

You sure that first photo wasnt taken from the starship enterprise or somthing? lols your dash looks awesome at night
ha ha yeah the photo above it (my mrs) was her first time hunting occy ... that was the split second she'd first been inked and was absolutely priceless. Was a sheer moment of "WTF?!?" ... and about an hour later realised she'd wrecked her clothes with the ink (collateral damage!)

BOUNCY HJ61

Greetings Darb,
You've Captured The True Beauty On That Trip.
Really Wonderful, Thanks For Sharing.

Cheers Michael

03hilux

Top photos Darb. Just goes to show you don't have to leave Australian shores to see some of the worlds best.

Krank

Mate thanks for sharing your pics, they are absolutely priceless and I must say that I have never been there, actually the pinnacles is the furthest north I've been lol.... That's a must do trip for sure

Swaggie

Magnificent shots there mate,

If someone doesn't get the feeling life's not worth living after seeing all those then they might as well be dead...lol

Patriot

Administrator
Hey Darb,
Awesome photos, there are some brilliant photos there. What camera where you using?

James

darb

Hey Darb,
Awesome photos, there are some brilliant photos there. What camera where you using?

James
Hi bud , above ground is a Nikon d90 with a couple of different lenses , primarily an 18-105 nikkor. Always use a polarizer in day time (and choose good times to use it). Tripod at night obviously

Under water is mixture of an Olympus with housing and a Nikon d70 with housing (not mine tho belonged to chick was diving with, dual strobes n all , great kit)

** Sent from tapatalk**

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks for sharing those mate - absolutely great photo's. Early on I was wondering about the quality of the underwater shots - now I know how!

Xagtho

Fantastic pics there darb, makes me really, really want to go back there... don't have enough time at the moment though