Phone mounts

Hey all, after some feedback from what people use.

I've used various suction cup windscreen mounts for years and they all end up flopping off at the most inopportune moment, I've found clic on which look like a good hard mount solution but wondering if anyone uses these or anything similar?

cheers all!

Had a few no name ones but went with the quad lock car mount seems to have the minimal look and feel but still keep the phone solidly on the windscreen. No rattles even over the rough stuff.

mac_man_luke

I had a smoothtalker previously, was not great. Charging function died with basically no use and they didnt want to know me with warranty issues.

Ram mount is the way to go, i have mine with the windscreen suction mount then a long bar and then the RAP300U magnetic base screwed to a ball, previously i had 2 of the iphone cradle mounts but they both cracked at the bit that holds the phone at the top and then a claw. I hated the claw as u need 2 hands to remove the phone from it and sometimes you want to hand the phone to the missus whilst driving but couldn't. Also ram mount has a lifetime warranty on the suction cups, i have had the suction cup replaced 4 or 5 times now in the 6 years since i bought it.

smitty_r51

Also ram mount has a lifetime warranty on the suction cups, i have had the suction cup replaced 4 or 5 times now in the 6 years since i bought it.
While i appreciste their customer service forthe price you pay 5 replacements of a part in 6 years sound pretty crap to me!

While i appreciste their customer service forthe price you pay 5 replacements of a part in 6 years sound pretty crap to me!
well actually I have 5 suction cups, 2 singles in 2 cars and i had a double which was swapped out for a triple for the ipad to try and spread the load so to speak. With the double it was arranged vertically so pretty much all the weight was on the top cup. The ipad arm is roughly 30cm long so lots of leverage as well. All of them have failed by the back of the cup stretching and then not sucking enough to form a strong enough vacuum. I doubt any cheaper solution would have lasted half as long.

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
Its interesting, Wonder if its on the window all the time and in the sun or something? Iv got a ram suction tablet mount and its on its original suction cup and has never fallen off the window.
I’ve got one of the double suction cup mount that’s got to five years old by now. Was originally bought for a 3rd generation iPad (heavy by today’s standards),and I occasionally mounted a camera on it. These days it’s only used to hold my phone, and though I do notice the cups starting to lose their grip over a month or so (at which point I just unlock, push against it, and relock), but it’s never fallen off.

Hoyks

$3 phone case and self adhesive velcro. Its out of the way, but still in line of sight so I can use it for navigation and close to the ciggy plug for charging.
The dash number pad gets covered, but I hardly use it anyway

IMG_0498.JPG