Petrol station thieves

hiluxdriver

In my travels I've found there to be a few fuel stations I've filled up at that seem like they're taking the piss with their pricing, then there are those that seem to be blatantly stealing from me.
A couple of examples are
Nanutarra Roadhouse in WA, if you head south an hour or so you'll pay 20cents odd per L LESS at Minilya Roadhouse.
HiWay Roadhouse south of Daly Waters in NT, head a bit over an hour and a half north to Mataranka for 20 cents odd per L LESS, or south a half hour or so for 8 cents LESS per L at Dunmurra.
3 Ways just north of Tennant Creek in NT, go to Tennant Creek and pay 23 cents LESS per L.
20 cents per L adds up when you're filling 150L.
Anyone else have any examples?

red hilux

yes

even inner ciity near my house

closest BP has diesel for 1.519, 2 servos about 2k away from that have it for 1.599 (caltex and shell) bit further to the next BP, its also 1.599

dno67

There's a bit more too it in some cases, sometimes it depends on whether
company owned and operated site or a leased site where they may have
to pay an interdependent supplier to deliver.
They used to have several options to pay for there fuel, based on there choice
they may have to pay a few cents more per ltr for the delivery up front. If then the whole sale price of fuel drops and they follow, they then sell at a loss.
That's part of the reason independents are disappearing.

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yep - Archer River roadhouse on the Cape. $2.20- compared to $2.00 give or take at most others either side of them. Hahn River was cheapest by a mile on the PDR/Bamaga Rd. Bamaga was cheaper ( a bit) than others up north too. Jardine river at the ferry was more expensive by 5 or 6 cents.

smitty_r51

Travelling Europe at the minute

Works out at $2.10 a litre for petrol and diesel... And that is the cheap stuff

Never thought I would miss Aussie fuel prices.

boobook

While your point is vald muc. And I think it's a disgrace that we don't have export quotas like every civilised country. ( we have Gillard to thank for that.) We export LNG to China, and Korea, and Japan, not LPG. That robs out houses of heating. Regardless, If you buy 20 Billion litres, you's expect to get some discount. Can't blame the Chinese.

Now we are exporting LNG and importing it for the domestic market.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...minal-for-one-of-worlds-biggest-gas-exporters

Australians are dickheads.

While your point is vald muc. And I think it's a disgrace that we don't have export quotas like every civilised country. ( we have Gillard to thank for that.) We export LNG to China, and Korea, and Japan, not LPG. That robs out houses of heating. Regardless, If you buy 20 Billion litres, you's expect to get some discount. Can't blame the Chinese.

Now we are exporting LNG and importing it for the domestic market.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...minal-for-one-of-worlds-biggest-gas-exporters

Australians are dickheads.
Most Australians aren’t the dickheads, it’s the treasonous, elected leaders who sell the voting public short under the guise of free trade and international markets.
Cheers Leo

shanegtr

Nanutarra Roadhouse in WA, if you head south an hour or so you'll pay 20cents odd per L LESS at Minilya Roadhouse.
Nanutarra roadhouse has always had a reputation for being stupidly expensive for as long as I've lived in the Pilbara. The food prices there are worse than the fuel prices. Although it has had a change in managment in recent years and I belive the prices are a little more reasonable now - not that I would know as I always try to avoid stopping there, but its location seems to be that if your travelling in the area you come across it at lunch time! (at least thats nearly always been the case for me)

Nanutarra roadhouse has always had a reputation for being stupidly expensive for as long as I've lived in the Pilbara. The food prices there are worse than the fuel prices. Although it has had a change in managment in recent years and I belive the prices are a little more reasonable now - not that I would know as I always try to avoid stopping there, but its location seems to be that if your travelling in the area you come across it at lunch time! (at least thats nearly always been the case for me)
The staff are unfriendly and it’s still horribly priced. Avoid Nanutara at all cost.

Cyberess

While your point is vald muc. And I think it's a disgrace that we don't have export quotas like every civilised country. ( we have Gillard to thank for that.) We export LNG to China, and Korea, and Japan, not LPG
I think you might have the wrong government -- it was the Howard Government that sold our gas to the Chinese in 2007 all in favour of clean coal technology Ref: http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2007/s2026329.htm
As quoted from the reference 11 years ago -->
China is happy to be seen as going along with the Howard Government. It shares the belief that reforestation, clean coal technology and nuclear energy will all play a role in combating global warming, and has signed a joint statement with Australia covering areas of broad agreement.
<--
I think the idea was that the clean coal technology was going to be so good, that it was going to make our gas rather worthless in the future, so the pollies in Canberra sold off our energy, which they thought was a good deal at the time, even got a couple of Chinese Pandas chucked in for the Adelaide Zoo out of the deal.
So here we are today filling up our 4wds with clean coal energy, man, I want whatever they were smoking in Canberra at that time -- It must of been good stuff. :D
Another reference of a sale of gas back in 2002 https://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/08/1028157991016.html

RDM

In my travels I've found there to be a few fuel stations I've filled up at that seem like they're taking the piss with their pricing, then there are those that seem to be blatantly stealing from me.
A couple of examples are
HiWay Roadhouse south of Daly Waters in NT, head a bit over an hour and a half north to Mataranka for 20 cents odd per L LESS, or south a half hour or so for 8 cents LESS per L at Dunmurra.
3 Ways just north of Tennant Creek in NT, go to Tennant Creek and pay 23 cents LESS per L.
20 cents per L adds up when you're filling 150L.
Anyone else have any examples?
Don't understand how it is thieving, if you don't want to pay that for your fuel then don't its your choice. They are entitled to sell their product for whatever price they see fit just like you are entitled not to buy it if you don't want to pay what they are asking.

muc the truck

Don't understand how it is thieving, if you don't want to pay that for your fuel then don't its your choice. They are entitled to sell their product for whatever price they see fit just like you are entitled not to buy it if you don't want to pay what they are asking.
Your taking it literally like someone does with autism word for word out of the dictionary , no offence intended at all . High prices are always considered in slang as theft or highway robbery . Its figure of speech .