Change background image

Perth to Sydney via Uluru (The Outback Way)

Discussion in 'Trips' started by Terror, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:52 PM.

1. Terror

Terror Member

G'day guys,

My girlfriend and myself are setting off on sunday to get back to Sydney, We've got about 3 weeks to get back and are planning on going via Uluru.

Just wanting to see if anyone knows any must see little stops on the way? I doubt we'll ever pass that way again so wanna try and catch as much as we can.

We are keeping things pretty flexible with only our stay at Uluru booked.

Rough itinerary so far is:
    - Perth to Pemberton (climbing the dave evans tree, stoping in at busselton for breakfast and camping at a spot I know at Pemberton)
    - Pemberton to Albany (via Denmark) I cant remember if this is an overnight stay or just keep trecking.
    - Albany to Bremer Bay (camping overnight here)
    - Bremer bay to Lucky Bay via Esperance (camping at the campsite at Lucky Bay)
    - Lucky Bay to Kalgoorlie (check out the superpit, overnight stay)
    - Kalgoorlie to laverton (pick up permits and stock up food and beer)
    - Laverton to Warburton.
    - Warburton to Yulara (Check out the olgas, cant remember if its 1 night or 2 at uluru/yulara)
    - Yulara to kings canyon (camping for 1 night)
    - Kings canyon to Alice springs (staying one night)
    - Alice to coober pedy (2 nights in coober pedy)
    - Coober pedy to adelaide (staying with friends for 1 night)
    - Adelaide to Melbourne (2 nights to see some family)
    - Melbourne to Bright (1 night in bright, few beers at the brewery. ive been here many times as a stopover while doing the ride from sydney to phillip island, nice place, if we are short on time we can go straight through to sydney)
    - Bright to Sydney.

I've done a lot of long distance driving before on my own and don't have a problem with it, gf is ok but 10 hours is her limit, fairly experienced 4x4ers, but havent done much remote stuff.
    we're in a 2012 hilux (snorkel, new dobinsons suspension in the front, bullbar, winch, spotties, UHF, BFG AT's, new battery, recovery gear, serviced for the trip a couple weeks ago)
    Bringing 2x 20L jerries of diesel, about 30-40L of water, swag, 60L ice box (no fridge), weber with 4kg bottle, missus got herself a she wee :p

uuuum yeah I think that's it.

Any tips? Advice? Suggestions? Secret Locations? :p

Thanks Guys.

shaun0 likes this.