Patrol spair wheel carrier

babyface

Happy new year to you all. Have my shocks and springs sorted and going to go with coopers 285 33 17 tyres. I have to buy a spacer for the carrier on the rear door, has any one had problems with the weight of the tyre ripping the carrier off the door?:eek::eek:

kingo

2 weeks ago i purchased 5 new coopers and the ARB after market bracket for the rear door, since then ive been 4x4ing from Licola across to Dargo all seems ok. The bracket is well made and strong in my opinion.

billolga

Happy new year to you all. Have my shocks and springs sorted and going to go with coopers 285 33 17 tyres. I have to buy a spacer for the carrier on the rear door, has any one had problems with the weight of the tyre ripping the carrier off the door?:eek::eek:

I use BFG Mudies, 265/75/16's for my long trips each year & due to heavy corrugations, NEARLY EVERY YEAR I GET A CRACK IN THE DOOR about 2 cm long on the edge of the door where the window meets the bottom part of the door - It's just noticable.

Nearly every year I get it repaired - $300 for the first year & $200 for the next - It's getting CHEAPER :) Last time I had my repairer put a small plate in there to beef it up & got 2 years out of it. :D

A rear carrier would be great but as the repairs are cheap (Replacing the door IS NOT CHEAP!) I can't justify $2,500.

Last edited:

DAZZA78

You won't have any problem with those size tyres on your rear door. I had 285/75/16 tyre on the back door for a while and it has cracked in the door jam, but i believe that fixed that problem after the GU111.

Darren