Pathfinder V6 Ti 1995

beanbag

Ok this is my new 4WD..."don't laugh"...as it's automatic...can anyone tell me how's the best way of being pulled to a main Rd...for the RAA to come an' get me...lol :D

GippsSurfer

just put it in N.... and tow away... just dont go too fast or too far... if you are able to disengage 4wd (if its in 4wd...) then do that too..

Pure Yobbo

Ok this is my new 4WD..."don't laugh"...as it's automatic...can anyone tell me how's the best way of being pulled to a main Rd...for the RAA to come an' get me...lol :D

Have you got any pics mate? Noharm in having an Auto mate - Goldrush drives one :D:D

Chucky

Not sure if the pathy's can do this, but if you can put the transfer case in neutral do this. Then you can tow away no problems.

The problem with autos (Well most of them anyway) is that they need the engine running to pump the lube oil around them. When towing without the engine going, the gearbox isn't getting hte lube it needs.

If you have any concern about the gearbox, and you can't put the transfer into 'N' you can always just drop the tailshafts.

beanbag

.....Cheers......

just put it in N.... and tow away... just dont go too fast or too far... if you are able to disengage 4wd (if its in 4wd...) then do that too..

Thanks for a straight answer...my minds at rest...just trying to find a small enough pic to post.....still feeling my way on our site....."I'll get there"....:)

beanbag

"Yup"...the Pathfinder has a "N"....Magic...:)

Not sure if the pathy's can do this, but if you can put the transfer case in neutral do this. Then you can tow away no problems.

The problem with autos (Well most of them anyway) is that they need the engine running to pump the lube oil around them. When towing without the engine going, the gearbox isn't getting hte lube it needs.

If you have any concern about the gearbox, and you can't put the transfer into 'N' you can always just drop the tailshafts.

I can put the transfer case in Neutral....just checked....Cheers, I just never had an Auto before......It's great everyone wants to help out with info and tips here.....should of found this site sooner...

infidel

Hi beanbag
Sorry, I thought you were joking as you did not go into detail about your problem.
As others have said, put in N and leave engine running if you can. Then you can tow with no problems. If you cant run the engine I would not tow to far as it could cause problems.
Best of luck.:eek:

beanbag

All cool ....

Hi beanbag
Sorry, I thought you were joking as you did not go into detail about your problem.
As others have said, put in N and leave engine running if you can. Then you can tow with no problems. If you cant run the engine I would not tow to far as it could cause problems.
Best of luck.:eek:

No worries it's ok.....I'll soon post some pics and let everyone know where we've been.
I know everyone here likes to help out everyone else where they can...Next weekend I'm off with a friend to Thompsons beach as he's a virgin...lol
I checked tracks out on our site and this should be a nice little warmer for him:eek:
I'll let you all know how it went :);)

LowLux

G'day beanbag. Just thought I'd throw in a comment to add to others. The guys are right with the towing bit ie. can tow in neutral but! with autos, you must also stay under about 15kph and remember to keep the distance towed to a min if you can.

beanbag

15kph...Got it :)

:D
G'day beanbag. Just thought I'd throw in a comment to add to others. The guys are right with the towing bit ie. can tow in neutral but! with autos, you must also stay under about 15kph and remember to keep the distance towed to a min if you can.

Thanks mate I'm all clued in....Gonna be searchin' for something to pump up the tyres that won't burn out next...lol...Have a great week