Pat Callinan now drives a VW Amarok

mikehzz

Agreed... but u also need to follow how much $$ he has sunk into that 105's of his... To me he's gone over the top as well with what he has done to the 105's - It really isn't necessary to spend that sort of $$ to make a reliable Tourer, but when u are a YouTuber, the world is your oyster apparently...

but in saying that... I do like his 105's ;)
Personally, the Rangie with the Isuzu motor and the 35's takes my fancy. :)

03GV

I also see the fella off 4XOverland is now also selling his Ultimate Family Tourer as well... Apparently in one of his Video's he mentions the 79's cost $170,000 to build PLUS $60,000 for the Tommy Camper on the back = $230,000 = TOTALLY ridiculous
The truth of the matter is, him and his missus are "OLD" whether they like it or not. In his videos you can literally see they struggle with climbing and reaching both the bigger vehicles. Heaven forbid he have to lift or move something with his silver spoon muscles! He says he needs his vehicle to be capable offroad, so its time for him to either keep the 4wd simple and swag it or keep the 4wd simple and tow something.

Last edited:

Wara

To be honest, I think most of the shows on TV now are heavily sponsored almost to the extent they are unwatchable, Radio Stations some years ago got hammered for the cash for comments and I see this as no different but for the fact that it is so in your face it is obvious, every 10 minutes there is a station ad then within the content is the ads for now Ford etc etc with minimal 4wd content.

After hearing of some of his escapades on the Madigan I now think less of him as a responsible 4wder than I used to, and now his blatant cash for comment is not appealing to me at all but he isn't alone, All 4 Adventure with their DMax & Clearview, & Penny with Ironman. They all need sponsorship to do what they do but I think they need to ease up on how in your face it is otherwise too much advertising is counter-productive.

Just my 2.0c

cheers
yeh it is pretty nauseating. What’s worse is, many people are relying on these shows to learn, but what they are learning is mostly marketing.

what did he do on the Madigan?

I suspect that a few of these characters are light on cash since covid and the travel restrictions. Cant’t really make any new content when you can’t go anywhere.

denk

To be honest, I think most of the shows on TV now are heavily sponsored almost to the extent they are unwatchable, Radio Stations some years ago got hammered for the cash for comments and I see this as no different but for the fact that it is so in your face it is obvious, every 10 minutes there is a station ad then within the content is the ads for now Ford etc etc with minimal 4wd content.

After hearing of some of his escapades on the Madigan I now think less of him as a responsible 4wder than I used to, and now his blatant cash for comment is not appealing to me at all but he isn't alone, All 4 Adventure with their DMax & Clearview, & Penny with Ironman. They all need sponsorship to do what they do but I think they need to ease up on how in your face it is otherwise too much advertising is counter-productive.

Just my 2.0c

cheers
What went down on the Madigan?