Pat Callinan now drives a VW Amarok

CTL

Is Pat still on TV? I am not sure how many people watch commercial TV anymore. :) Last time I watched there were ads every 15 seconds, so it is pretty off putting.
Never home to watch so record and FF through the adverts :):)

mikehzz

Pat's Ranger is the bi-turbo 2 litre, the V6 isn't due until 2022. I wonder if the new Amarok will have low range? I still remember going to the VW dealer when the auto was launched and finding out it didn't have low range. I left in disgust. Amarok's are nice to drive and they're one of the few all wheel drive utes, plus the V6 really kicks arse. VW has to be wondering why a pretty good car is sitting 9th in ute sales. Look no further than it's the only ute without low range.

CTL

The new Amarok will be build on the Navara platform. Not sure if Nissan will be building them on a Nissan production line.

mikehzz

Maybe people don't like buying VW now that they are a Chinese owned entity ?
Yeah, the cars might come off the production line infested with commie surveilance items ready to gather all our secrets. Or, it could be that Saic has the licence to assemble VW cars specifically for the local Chinese market. The Amarok is currently made in Argentina and word is the new Ford one will be assembled in South Africa.

red hilux

Doors this mean Pat still owns and drives his VW super tourer?

I don’t think he would as he success a Ford

discomatt

To rave on about how fantastic a car is, spend as much as the car is worth in mods to make it really good then sell it virtually immediately just shows either he is a flog or the Amarok is a piece of crap even with all the mods

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
To rave on about how fantastic a car is, spend as much as the car is worth in mods to make it really good then sell it virtually immediately just shows either he is a flog or the Amarok is a piece of crap even with all the mods
To be honest, I think most of the shows on TV now are heavily sponsored almost to the extent they are unwatchable, Radio Stations some years ago got hammered for the cash for comments and I see this as no different but for the fact that it is so in your face it is obvious, every 10 minutes there is a station ad then within the content is the ads for now Ford etc etc with minimal 4wd content.

After hearing of some of his escapades on the Madigan I now think less of him as a responsible 4wder than I used to, and now his blatant cash for comment is not appealing to me at all but he isn't alone, All 4 Adventure with their DMax & Clearview, & Penny with Ironman. They all need sponsorship to do what they do but I think they need to ease up on how in your face it is otherwise too much advertising is counter-productive.

Just my 2.0c

cheers

rob_macca67

I also see the fella off 4XOverland is now also selling his Ultimate Family Tourer as well... Apparently in one of his Video's he mentions the 79's cost $170,000 to build PLUS $60,000 for the Tommy Camper on the back = $230,000 = TOTALLY ridiculous

mikehzz

I also see the fella off 4XOverland is now also selling his Ultimate Family Tourer as well... Apparently in one of his Video's he mentions the 79's cost $170,000 to build PLUS $60,000 for the Tommy Camper on the back = $230,000 = TOTALLY ridiculous
Tell him he's dreaming.... :)

Edit... Also, his next fantastic build has to be light PLUS be able to tow his ultra light aircraft. I've always wanted to be able to tow my ultra light aircraft as well, because who hasn't got an aircraft sitting idle in the back shed? Amarok's with beer kegs, dual rear axle chopped 200 LC's, it's a constant cavalcade of bullshit. The best I'm watching at the moment is All Offroad Adventures who drive an old Landcruiser, an old Patrol, and an old Rangie Classic.

And he does technical driving in a Jeep, plus there's an old Hilux in some of the videos with the absolute best driver I've ever seen. They did 6 Stage down at Yalwal and the Hilux kicked arse purely because the driver was so good

I like very much seeing cars that are affordable before the mods, sort of built not bought.

Last edited:

discomatt

Yeah but there was never any doubt he is a flog with no idea

rob_macca67

Tell him he's dreaming.... :)

Edit... Also, his next fantastic build has to be light PLUS be able to tow his ultra light aircraft. I've always wanted to be able to tow my ultra light aircraft as well, because who hasn't got an aircraft sitting idle in the back shed? Amarok's with beer kegs, dual rear axle chopped 200 LC's, it's a constant cavalcade of bullshit. The best I'm watching at the moment is All Offroad Adventures who drive an old Landcruiser, an old Patrol, and an old Rangie Classic.

And he does technical driving in a Jeep, plus there's an old Hilux in some of the videos with the absolute best driver I've ever seen. They did 6 Stage down at Yalwal and the Hilux kicked arse purely because the driver was so good

I like very much seeing cars that are affordable before the mods, sort of built not bought.
Agreed... but u also need to follow how much $$ he has sunk into that 105's of his... To me he's gone over the top as well with what he has done to the 105's - It really isn't necessary to spend that sort of $$ to make a reliable Tourer, but when u are a YouTuber, the world is your oyster apparently...

but in saying that... I do like his 105's ;)