Pajero day time light

prawns

I just found out I have a foglight switch in my rig thanks to this topic lmao :D

Cant help with the wiring location though sorry - you might have to chase it back from the switch and/or lights I didnt even realise I had them lols

Paddler Ed

Possibly do a search for Mitsubishi Shogun fog lights; that'll give you the UK name for the Pajero, and there fogs are much more normal (both front and rear - all UK vehicles have to have a rear fog light)

mattyj

fog light switch turns on the rear body red lights, the aus models didnt have front fog lights

anthony egretz

Hi everyone thanks for the information and big thanks to mattyj it worked just how you said it would, right solved that problem.
Cheers Anthony

prawns

I assume the fog lights are the inside the red lens on the vehicle body itself and not part of the brake lights on the actual rear bumper bar?

Its easy to spot the overseas models of our Pajeros (eg shoguns) they dont have the brake lights on the rear bar itself - its just a normal rear bar in the overseas models with their brake lights being the ones on the bodywork

Apparently Australian design rules dont comply with the brake lights being on the body itself on our pajeros due to the spare tyre being situated so close to them and affecting viewing angle - so we got our brake lights integrated into our rear bars instead and those big rear brake lens we have on our bodys where just left there to hide the hole lols (and I assume they also still carry the fog lights?)

Theres a mod around to wire in brake lights into those rear body lens so you get brake lights in there as well, but technically this makes the rig unroadworthy I guess (doesnt comply with ADR)

Campin40

You can wire up the lights on the rear providing that the ones in the lower bar are still functional aswell. I've seen it done. Still compliant. It was on ly the NH paj that had dummy lights. NJ, NK, NL all had operational blinker lenses there.

prawns

Yeah thats what I was mentioning above - but as far as Im aware no its not compliant to the rules as the location of the lights dont pass regulations with regards viewing angles with the spare tyre mounted in the original location (eg they arnt legal to use as tail lights in Australia in that location which is why they were moved to the rear bar instead by mitsubishi)

Otherwise, why would mitsubishi bother moving them in the first place for Australian vehicles?

Could be wrong perhaps but if I am it seems to make no sense - I remember failing a vehicle for a roadworthy which had spotlights installed - I failed it because they wernt wired up - If headlights/taillights are installed they must be both working and pass the regs legally position wise I thought?

Saying that though - Its a mod I want to do myself eventually :D I seriously doubt a normal mechanic would pick up on it, and surely more lights is safer than less. Perhaps if you got sent through "the pitts" at the RMA it might be a issue though I bet with their inspectors :D

Last edited:

mattyj

ive rewired my body lights to allow the blinkers and stop tail lights to work with the rear bar lights.

prawns

They look so dumb when they dont light up for brakes hey - Ive lost count of the amount of people who tell me my "main" brake lights arnt working lols. They all reckoned its pretty dumb they arnt wired up from standard also

I get the same thing on my motorbike - It has a single headlight unit, but the right side of the headlight is low beam, and the left side is high beam, people tell me all the time one of my bulbs has blown on low beam as only half the headlight works but thats normal on my gsxr :D

Campin40

Ok I'll explain it this way. My crusier doesn't have lights in the rear bar. Only standard ones in the rear pillars. When the swing away wheel carrier was installed we also had to install extra lights (indicator and tail) along the bottom of the rear bar to comply with the law. The existing factory lights in the pillar are still there and still operational. So I can't see why it would be any different for a paj to have the lights in the rear pillar working and not be legal providing the ones in the lower bar are also operational. Hope that makes sense.

prawns

Mate makes sense in my head your right I reckon, wonder why mitsubishi didnt just add the extra also though, reckon Ill add then back in at some stage as it looks dumb having a lens there with no light installed :D

Campin40

Ill bet that if you remove the dummy tail light lens assembly you'll most probably find the factory wiring loom for it inside the pillar,just not hooked into anything.

prawns

Ill bet that if you remove the dummy tail light lens assembly you'll most probably find the factory wiring loom for it inside the pillar,just not hooked into anything.

I can feel a visit to a wreckers coming on in the future to grab a couple of plug in taillight wiring harness which includes the bulb holder etc - Perhaps I should check the plug matches the tail lights one first though I guess

Campin40

I think if you just pull out the dummy lenses and put em on a shelf and forget about them and then go to the wrecker and get some lenses from an NL paj they should fit strait in and all the globe sockets etc will be there as the tail lights on an NL paj where functional.