Paj NH Positive/Negative Switching?

pajrex

I bit the bullet and bot a pair of Striker 170s. I've fitted the loom (3-way) ok, but: I have no idea whether my headlights are positive or negatively switch - which determines how I'll earth the loom. I've checked around the forums, but mostly they're about later models: nothing on my 1992 NH. And it seems Pajeros are not consistently one way or the other with all models!! If anyone can help, it'll be much appreciated. Don't want to blow anything... Thanks!

pajrex

Figured it out!

Unfortunately there was no reply to my query above, in this forum and also in others. Fortunately, I managed to make it work. So for those who are interested, the Mitsubishi Pajero NH GLS 1992 Auto has headlights which are 'positive-switching'. This means that the spotlight relay cable is spliced onto the pass/high-beam wire; and the earth cable from the wiring loom (the secondary earth - the main earth cable from the 4-pole relay is still earth to bare metal) is earthed onto bare metal of the vehicle. (AFAIK the negative-switching arrangement would require this wiring loom earth cable to be connected to the negative contact.)

As for the +ve/-ve wires of the spotties - Lightforce told me it don't matter!! The dealer - an online 4x4 accessories business which is somewhat established - told me I had to check inside the light to know which was which!! Baloney.

Hope the above info is of some worth to other souls.