OziExplorer Workshop

Fox Shooter

Good stuff now the only problem is with my GPS it's a garmin geko 301 I have the USB - serial converter cable but you think I can get the software driver loaded up na. I'm also trying to do a software upgrade on the GPS via the Garmin site you think I can get that going na.
I think I'll order a GPS mouse from GPSOZ.
Oh what fun

InSanE

hey guys, was a great week end lots of rain, mud and alcohol :p was good to learn some new things about oziexplorer and meet a few new faces. The tracks were very greasy out there and almost un drivable but we did a few good tracks but the highlight was ellis track it was very slippery with big boulders and rockfaces thx for running the trip rosco

EllisTrk.jpg

ross has more pics and im sure he will post some when he gets the chance to :)

goldrush

Glad to hear you lot had a good time. It's great to get out and meet up with the people we spend so much time talking to online. Looking forward to seeing all the pics.

Cheers

Cliff

BUSHNUT

Thanks Rosco for the afternoon, I made it back to Ringwood on time and up to Ballarat , proved to be a long day.

Would have preferred to have stayed and have a play in the mud , but some times you have to do what a man needs todo - toe the bl@@dy line.

Thanks again for all the information, I came away feeling a lot less Computer challenged .

That was a great spot , I think it would be a good venue for the finer months to get some of these Victorian forum members out in the bush and make a weekend of it.

Thanks again

Coxy

I met up with Rossco and Brad in Warburton on Sunday with the intention of testing out the new muddies. They got a quick test, but it didn't take long to get the Pathy stuck in the mud. I also had my two young kids in the car and they were not too happy about the whole affair. I had to bail out on Rossco and Brad after only a couple of hours. I'm glad you guys got to enjoy Ellis Track. Looking at the picture I don't think I would have even gotten close to that! Attached are a couple more pictures of the big hill that stuffed me up!
Thanks again guys. I really appreciate that you were happy to entertain and help a novice, but enthusiastic 4wder. Look forward to doing it again without the kids!
Cheers
Coxy

Last edited:

Grumpy

Sounds like u guys had a great time and it sounds like the rest of the trip and camping was to everyone's expectations. CHEERS

Lost 2

So.How did everyone find the camping area?
My opinion.Would make a good base camp.Marysville/Warburton/Toolangi/Powelltown/Nojee just to mention a few.
Any feed back, rating out of 10.What do you think?
See you on the tracks
Lost 2:)

4X4

Lost2 thanks for the heads up about the Upper Yarra Reservoir. I'd give it 10/10. it was excellent. It would make a great base camp. We arrived at about 11.30am and it started drizzling, setup in the rain, oh what fun!:rolleyes:
We went inside the wet weather hall were we positioned ourselves in front of one of the two Coonara Heaters. This room could hold about 300 people.

Bubba on the left, Bushnut in the middle and InSanE on the right.:p

Last edited:

Grumpy

ozexplorer

Lost2 thanks for the heads up about the Upper Yarra Reservoir. I'd give it 10/10. it was excellent. It would make a great base camp. We arrived at about 11.30am and it started drizzling, setup in the rain, oh what fun!:rolleyes:
We went inside the wet weather hall were we positioned ourselves in front of one of the two Coonara Heaters. This room could hold about 300 people.

Bubba on the left, Bushnut in the middle and InSanE on the right.:p

Sorry guys , Didn't realize it was compatible with Magellan GPS's, will u be running any other sessions, maybe one up Gippsland way. CHEERS

4X4

We will work something out Grumpy.;)
Next time I will give more notice so we get a better turnout, we might organise a Victorian meetup! Show those bannana benders. It will have to be after the tracks open in November.

Lost 2

Geeze,glad to see i am not the only ugly bugger around(Just Kidding).
Glad things worked out well.
Good to see smiles on peoples faces,thats what its all about.
We have camped there three times,but have not explored any tracks in the general area,just made the weekends general rest &recreation.
Happy Travels
Lost 2.

4X4

I think in the immediate vicinity the tracks are closed permanently, as this is a water catchment area. We didn't have a look around as we didn't have time, but will certainly be back to investigate.

Grumpy

reply to oziexplorer

I think in the immediate vicinity the tracks are closed permanently, as this is a water catchment area. We didn't have a look around as we didn't have time, but will certainly be back to investigate.

That would be great, I think we could have a few starters for that without too many probs. CHEERS

Gunna

We will work something out Grumpy.;)
Next time I will give more notice so we get a better turnout, we might organise a Victorian meetup! Show those bannana benders. It will have to be after the tracks open in November.

I'd be more than interested!

4X4

InSanE doing some of his best work on Ellis Trk. This Trk should only be attempted by vehicles with live axles, good clearance and 35's.:p

Last edited:

4X4

Goldrush, I thought that might get a bite! The Queensland meetup sounds like a huge success. Cheers

goldrush

Thanks Mate. Sounds like your weekend was a great success too. Good on ya for sharing some of your knowledge on mapping software etc. Wish I could have come down but I'd need a second mortgage to pay for the fuel.

Grumpy

Hey Goldrush that was only the entree, watch this space for the real deal maybe in a couple of months, great to hear about your turnout for Queensland meet, good luck. What only 20 vehicles!!!! HA HAA!!! Don't forget the pics and report back. CHEERS