oziexplorer question

a1bert

Just purchased the ozi for android with the 250k map of Australia ($45) Got the licence number etc but how do i retrieve the map of Australia. Get lost have a free map!!!! Have asked google in 20 ways but cannot find an answer

Chatty

Presuming you have downloaded the map, you will need to make sure it is in the correct folder (you will need to navigate through the OziExplorer settings to find what the folder is called) - have you tried ringing or emailing OziExplorer - they are really helpful people.

a1bert

No down load link given, if you go to their site there is no down load other than pay again. Before i contacted Des thought i better check
Possibility they may have sent it via email which i did not receive their first email

hulsty

I think its in the file standard, the stock map sucks, Plenty of links to download free good maps, including the get lost maps.

a1bert

OK emailed Des, got map link, don't waste your $15, get lost is just as good unless i am missing some thing

dirvine

You are missing something. I have downloaded all the Get Lost files. You need a very big Micro SD card to fit them all on. IMHO, V14 of Get Lost is not as good, and consumes a lot more disk space than say V7. But it also has a lot more detail. Also rather than one file of Australia and then trying to zoom down into higher detail wont be as good as getting the 25K, 50K, or 75K maps of the states or areas you are travelling in. For example the 25K maps have contour lines, 250K dont. Just need 256MB disk if you want the lot or download just the files you need if you dont have the space

dirvine

V14b, 25K for Vic needs 13.5GB. He has lightened the background and now I would say its as good as V7 for reading. Now downloading them all!! Not sure why you say save $15. IMHO Ozi is a good cheap mapping program and once you learn how to use it especially with Swaggies updates (found here on this forum), it is very simple. It seems to me that Get Lost owner is constantly updating his maps, so they are probably the most complete there are. Notionaly free, I think a small donation does not go astray especially when Hema maps cost in the hundreds of $$$

a1bert

The $15 is for Aussie map add on! just trying to save any purchasers the waste (total $45)
Have downloaded all Vic, SA and NSW on a 1000gig hard drive, so intend to swap them backwards and forwards from the PC as we go, if we ever go!!!
Plenty of pent up demand here in Vic:mad:

dirvine

I use a Samsung tablet in the car. I have just down loaded the latest version 14b and it is smaller in size than previous. I have a 128gig SD card and now can load up all my Hema maps as well. They are old but in some ways have a info on them that the Get lost lack. I never bought any maps. Mine have been "pirated" or given to me by generous forum members.