O'Tooles Campground

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Had cause to go for a run to the High Country over the weekend and paid a visit to O'Tooles Campground which is still closed with further works being carried out.

Lots of bollards, fireplace in the gazebo - gone, walls to the gazebo - gone, camping areas quite segregated, Toilets at the top of the hill - gone, acknowledgement of the efforts of 4 x 4 Earth Members who undertook a lot of work and sought out donated materials via a simple sign - gone.

I can see why all the bollards are there to try and stop the ID10T asshats that go in doing circlework and digging up the place, it does look nice with a lot of planted trees and shiney new toilets in the middle of the camping area.

Attachments

• IMG_M0155.jpg
    IMG_M0155.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_M0156.jpg
    IMG_M0156.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_M0158.jpg
    IMG_M0158.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_M0159.jpg
    IMG_M0159.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_M0160.jpg
    IMG_M0160.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_M0161.jpg
    IMG_M0161.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_M0163.jpg
    IMG_M0163.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

smitty_r51

Can you still camp by your car or is it like a lot these days where you have to carry your stuff from the car to the camp area?

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Can you still camp by your car or is it like a lot these days where you have to carry your stuff from the car to the camp area?
Know what your talking about as I recall NT Parks at Chambers Pillar has done that, you can still camp next to your car but it is more organised in a fashion, I would hazard a guess to say that they are limiting the room for d!ckheads to gain enough speed to do significant damage.