O'Tooles - 10th Annual Gathering - 2017

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Sunday

Sunday afternoon saw Grey Ghost and Davidman met at the Longwarry Service Station ready to head into the 10th Annual Victorian Gathering. Brian had the Starcraft caravan on the back and I had the new caravan on the back of my patrol. Doing the gathering in style this year. WE arrived around 4PM and met Croozer (Bruce) who had arrived a little bit earlier. All in all, not a bad trip in, think we missed most of the weekend traffic on the tracks.

The first night ended about 3:30 AM after maybe one or two drinks.

Looking forward to everyone else arriving over the next few days for a great 10th Annual Gathering

index.php

index.php

index.php

Monday

Monday was a bit of a slow start at camp. Spent the day clearing the river of trees and so on so that theduck race can take place. Also cleaned the camp and the river banks of all the ‘white flowers’ that people had left there, disgusting.

Matt (Outrage) turned up around tea time and will join us in waiting for more to arrive.

Attachments

• Camp - Monday 1.JPG
    Camp - Monday 1.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,125
  • Camp - Monday 2.JPG
    Camp - Monday 2.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 595
  • Camp - Monday 3.JPG
    Camp - Monday 3.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Grey Ghost

Looks like we have some ring ins for the Great Duck Race this year, not sure whether they paid their entry fees though.

Attachments

• IMG_20171113_171926.jpg
    IMG_20171113_171926.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 121

Grey Ghost

Tuesday
Well today started as another nice quiet day in the high country, after a lazy breakfast we hopped in and cleared out the river so we can get some good duck chutes and duck dragways happening for Saturday's big race.
Soon enough the maintenance crews started arriving to look after the loos and mow the lawns, big thanks to Madlandy (Craig) and Rob F on the ride on mower and being general groundskeepers.
Starting to see more people rolling in today with the weather holding nicely too.

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_133750.jpg
    IMG_20171114_133750.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20171114_133750.jpg
    IMG_20171114_133750.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 152

Davidman

More pics

Attachments

• 20171114_111947.jpg
    20171114_111947.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 161
  • 20171114_160136.jpg
    20171114_160136.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 186

Sean Logue

So disappointed:( , Misses and I so wanted to come to 10th Annual so bad. Being our first to , we have to move this weekend now :mad:. Owners want to sell , we found a awesome house we had to grab before someone else.

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
A couple pics.
Thompson Dam on Monday arvo on the way in.
DSCN0733.JPG

Lizard at the exit of Donnelly Creek at The Junction
DSCN0735.JPG

Ducklings with mum & dad
DSCN0737.JPG

Davidman

Now the weekend is over and most of us are back to reality, this year we are donating $1140 to Erica Kindergarten. A great amount raised and a big thank you to everyone who donated, enter the raffle, bought ducks, stickers and stubby holders. We donated $700 to the Kinder a few years ago and they were very grateful. I am certain they will be again this time around. Again, thanks to everyone involved.

Big-Trev

Well I got close to being at the gathering.Only to head home early on Friday morning due to a home invasion.Lucky that we were still in phone range due to the problems with one of our SA crews car.
Just a big thanks to the SA crew that I shared the adventure with.Had a great time , especially the shopping experience whilst waiting for the repairs to be finalized.
and look forward to the next time we can get to gether.