Ormeau Hills Track

is the main loop still allowed?
if so, can someone give me a link to directions there, wouldnt mind checking it out this week.
from previous posts, im guessing its very clear where i CANT go ?

curtly

hey mate access from Vennor Drv OK, Access from Cliff Barons Rd OK. you can still drive down HArts Rd and Shaw Pocket North Rd.

BIG boulders are along the right hand side of the track heading in from Vennors and a shiny new fence on the other.

Whilst considered sedate by others I had fun with my 2 young sons a couple of weeks ago. there sre a couple of little spots running paralell to the loop that you could have a bit of fun on.

Yes there is still security, these guys were young (mid 20s) never took a pic of my car or rego

Merry Xmas.

jacksonb

Hey man, security is there, they were taking photos of me on my bike, (it's unregistered, so i figured it would happen). However they are pretty nice guys, and if your registered it should be fine. If you stick to the main track you should be fine, try not to go into anything owned by the quarry.

And it's still a really fun track for motorbikes.

jacksonb

Yes and no, it depends were you want to go. There are off shoots of the track which can take you to Cliff Barons road, Shaws Pocket road and then if you follow the main trail, it will lead you up-to the end, which is towards the end of upper ormeau road. It'd be really hard to get proper lost considering most of the side trails lead to streets etc...

not worried about getting lost as such, more worried that i will end up without knowing tresspassing
so was more sussing out if the main legal loop is obvious where to go and follow
i guess ill have to check it out myself soon and see

curtly

Came back today from Mt Tamborine markets via Shaw Pocket Rd up to the loop and back down to Norby Rd.

Security stationed at the entrance from Upper Coomera rd taking licence plate details. so they aer still pretty strict up there.

Curtly.

conzy

Did a drive up here today, just following the main track. I came in from Shaws pocket Rd. New shut gate up at the water tower end (Vennor Rd i think) so turned around and tried to go out at what i think is Cliff Barrons Rd, another new gate, so ended up exiting at Upper Ormeau Rd, where we meet with security. They mention that the council will be gating these other 2 entries (shaws and ormeau rds), which will happen when they get around to doing it, maybe in a few weeks. So basically no access to that area at all.

5lam

Yeah we got caught in there a couple weeks ago. Took photos of our cars and rego plates and told us to leave.

dirtfix

Ormeau Hills tracks are KAPUT! Closed! There is even talk of placing cameras in there and putting gates at the three entrances that remain. Yes that means closing off the gazetted road as well. Weather or not it will happen is another story but they are trying. Its a no go zone people. Find somewhere else to wheel. City View 4x4 park is only an hour West of there and way more fun. Help support a local business and go check it out. Cheers,
Carney.

dirtfix

Yeah City view is a great park, at the moment he has the original city view park plus the lease on the old scenic rim park to make up one huge play area. But if he doesnt get some more people through the gates he will most likely have to let the lease go on the old scenic rim side. Be a shame if that happened. He is a great guy, and its a great park.

kabray

went there for a few hours today and can say shaw pocket rd is still open and a large amount of tracks are unfenced... not sure if fences have been pulled out though cause the way we came out was near the water tower and the lock was cut