Ormeau Hills Track

PajNut

Went up to Ormeau today off Shaws Road and went right through to Upper Ormeau Road. Had heaps of fun. Was quite busy with about 10 trucks and bikes getting around.

Still plenty of fun even staying on main tracks.

dirtfix

Im keen to assist any way i can with efforts to make a sustainable 4x4 area. I live in Ormeau and its one of my favorite spots but also one i have not frequented of late due to the sensative nature of everything thats currently going on out there. If anyone is in the area and looking for an alternative spot for some fun there is also pacific pines and [admin: text removed] trails.

Last edited by a moderator:

PajNut

Is Pac Pines, you mean on the right heading down into Pac Pines from Smith Street? We went there last week and wanted to go left but there's Hanson's Concrete Private Property signs everywhere so the Wife chickened out, so we turned right but could only get so far on our own but did look plenty of fun!

[admin: text removed] good but can also be a bit of a car breaker!

The tracks I posted of Guanaba, Wongawallan and Mount Tambourine are excellent also!

dirtfix

Yeah the big wagons tend to suffer a bit of rubbing here and there at [admin: text removed]. I was there last week with a bunch of mates all in cruisers and patrols and i dont think anyone survived unscathed. Then the rain came and it ended up being a 2 hour recovery with 2 winches in the slop.

PajNut

WOOOOOOOOW!

We got lost in there would you believe and really had some fun!! NOT!! LOL, nah fine and fun with right pressures and a few mates... :) NOT with wife and kids!

rangiematt

does anyone know if the tracks up the sunnycoast state forrest are legal to drive in
As far as im aware state forest tracks as long as they are not locked are fine to drive on as long as your registered and relevant insurance up to date ( greenslip ) As state forest as the name suggests is state owned i.e tax payers land the public has a right to use it. I could be wrong here too may be best to ask?

dirtfix

No that sounds about right. State forrests are fine as long as you are sticking to the gazetted trails. Go forging your own path however and you will be prosecuted. There is plenty of fun to be had up there around Beerwah in the forrests and you will most likely see plenty of others out and about there especially after the rain.

Oznut

Any more updates on Ormeau? I'm thinking of heading out there saturday to show a mate but not sure if it's worth going there now.

PajNut

Please let me know if it is open as i would love to get up there on Sunday... spewin i couldnt do saturday.

Towie

Its open through the main areas so reason not to go in there.

Its just a lottery as to whether the J's are there inspecting 4wds & bikes & colecting taxes the F*#*#*#*#*# C**&# Heads... should be out catching criminals & drugies & Bikies.

dirtfix

Main loop is open. Creek runs and all the play areas are closed off and signposted with huge boulders blocking the entrys. This has not stopped some people but beware, they do patrol it. I used to work at the Holcim quarry that it backs onto and the land is owned by them. They have had no concern in the past about people using the land as its merely a buffer zone for the quarry but after receiving pressure from the local council they have been forced to close it off to traffic. That said, i still drive the main loop and find it mildy amusing and i sneak in to drive the creek and up to tea cup now and then.

krazed

Never been but heard plenty of stories. Is it worth the trip down from brissie north side or will i end up disappointed ??

Dools65

THe plot in question has been sold to Boral

Cliff Barrons Road Ormeau Hills, QLD, 4208
94.67Ha
RPD: L2 RP15912:pAR DARLINGTON
Vol/Fol:
LA: Gold Coast City - Albert
Land Use 1: Vacant - Large Housesite
Land Use 2: None
Zoning: Rural (albert)
Unimproved Capital Value (Land Value): $830,000
Date of UCV (Land Value): 30 Jun 11