oohhh yeeeaaaah

BILLBY

well we were taking a three week run to lamberts ,NT and that being the turn around point,but decided to claim long service, put in my notice at work and now faced with a no date return cash in the bank ,work tools on the roof and a large dart board being Australia .
just put new boots mtz 35x12.5 old set were great and still have a mile or to left in them ,new 2nd fridge waeco 50l dual zone ,upgraded the air con that makes ice :),solar panels 220 watt , rather large though ,hitchgate with jerry holder in the mail for 1395 to my door special deal with avengers new web page ,heh check it out ,they have been great too deal with.
cook book packed and all frozen food double cryo vaced ,
should stop now I know some of you will be envous ,but this was a dream made true by others who led the way
:cool:

LowLux

Sometimes you just gotta do it eh BILLBY. Good on ya fella, enjoy the freedom before reality kicks in and tells its time to go back to work. Enjoy!

cloughcarib

Glad you've shared your good fortune with us(metaphorically of course!). Keep us updated with your adventure:D

BOUNCY HJ61

Go The 60's Tourer

Greetings Billby,

Have A Top Adventure, I Hope To See Some Holiday Shots, Hint Hint.
Good Time Of Year To Go Too.
Let Me Know When Your Coming Back Through NSW, Maybe We Could Catch Up?
I Hope To have Bouncy Back Soon, And I Wouldn't Mind Asking You About Your SOA.

Cheers Michael

BILLBY

hitch gate

well it has arrived and have spent a few hours fitting it ,and unfortunatley customising it to fit my ride ,though I am not complaining what fits a jeep might not fit a pajero so only minor grinder work to fit lurch. notices it torques a bit thru the tounge but geez I am hanging a 35 inch tyre off it keep you guys how it goes as I still havent seen a testimonial on the product .

BILLBY

final prep

we are almost good to go ,my work committments are over with for now :D and enjoying a pale ale ,think we are leaving monday now a few days earlier than I hoped :eek:, should be a trip off a lifetime again (pre this missus ) post when when we can for up to date track reports ,maybe we need a find work while away post or something similar just to flesh out the site ?????
have fun people , I will be thinking of posting good pics and reports and interesting places to visit
live life

prawns

....I will be thinking of posting good pics and reports and interesting places to visit
live life

Dont just think about posting them, actually post them :D

Im sure lots of people here like trip reports as much as I do :) If you log some trip details/experiences/photos every now and again Im sure you will enjoy reading it all yourself as well at a later date :)

Good luck with it all mate - Sounds like your in for some great experiences :)

BILLBY

6months later

to date we have clocked over16000km, completed 2desert crossing the birdsville track, the oonadatta track, driven the coast of sa for 500km worked at mt dare for 9 weeks granted permission to do the homelands track seen camp16,15,14 on the madigan line.. finished tge hay river track at mt batton looked thru the east and west mc donald ranges driven the plenry hwymade our way to the isa and drove the old mining roads spent time in the gulf counrty and we are now in darwin woooohooo we ar well and the trucks better now its had a few shockies replcaed:cool:

Last edited:

BOUNCY HJ61

Greetings Billby,

A great Adventure So Far Mate.
How Did Lurch Handle The West Macdonnell Ranges, Corrugations?

Cheers Michael