Old Narloo Station - Easter 2021

Karl Fehlauer

I recently organised an event at old Narloo Station in the Yalgoo Region of WA for my 4WD Club (The Four Wheel Drive Club of WA), Trackcare, Austravel Safety Network and the Rockingham Photography Club (as I am a member).

We had approximately 40 vehicles turn up (approx 70 people) and despite the rather warmish weather I think everyone had a great time.

I organised talks on photography, drones, travel buddy oven cooking, HF radios and remote communications, pain management, plus other subjects. We also had a professional artist who conducted a number of art classes which the ladies thoroughly enjoyed. We also had a communal dinner - it was supposed to have been a camp oven cooked on but due to a fire ban we were unable to have open fires, so everything was cooked on gas stoves / BBQs.

We also had a 'cinema under the stars' and showed the doco-movie a 'Road to Ruin' about a couple of guys taking an old Series 2 Landrover on the Canning Stock Route.

As it was a success, I am thinking of running it again next year.

Here are some drone shots of the area as well as a quick YouTube video that I put together from the drone footage.

Karl

Old Narloo Homestead

2020-07-22 Landscape - 026-Edit.jpg

2021-04-04 Drone 005.jpg

2021-04-04 Drone 006.jpg

Triton14

Well done on getting together after all the CV-19 madness.

Hopefully there will be more of the same from all states soon ;)

Karl Fehlauer

Well done on getting together after all the CV-19 madness.

Hopefully there will be more of the same from all states soon ;)

Thanks - unfortunately a few pulled out because of the hot weather that was predicted and with all this Covid stuff, planning anything is always touch and go.

Still considering planning another one for next year.

Karl

dusta77

how hot was it karl , i was supposed to take my girls to gabyon but we pulled out at the last minute with 40 odd degrees forecast

Karl Fehlauer

how hot was it karl , i was supposed to take my girls to gabyon but we pulled out at the last minute with 40 odd degrees forecast

It was hot but not that bad, most days there was a breeze blowing until about 2 pm and then came in again at 4 pm.

The nights were stunning.

Karl

Karl Fehlauer

Hi Karl, I'm interested to know how you took this shot. It's ace.

It was taken just after the sun had set but there was still some ambient light around which was enough to bring the detail out of the homestead.

Canon 6D with Samyang 14 mm F2.8 lens, manual focus to infinity and on a tripod.

Settings F2.8 @ 25 sec ISO 2000.

Basically it was my test shot for images later that night to check that I had the composition I wanted and to test for focus.

Karl