Old Mill RD ( Watagans) Gone!!!

03hilux

We went up to the Watagans for a drive today just to get some dirt under the wheels, We couldn't do Farralls 1 or 2 as they where taped off for a dirt bike event. But it looked like it was very well maintained New Mill Rd has also had a blade on it and so did a lot of tracks around the Pines. As I said there was a dirt bike event up there so most of the tracks where taped off with NO ACCESS Signs on them.
We also came across a LOCKED GATE on Watagan Forest Rd and the intersection of Bowmans Rd.:(:(

Darren
Ive heard quiet a few rumours most of that area is graded now. I hope they leave some tracks for us at the end of the month.

2manytoys

I was up there just after the dirt bike racing too. Does anyone know if there is a bridge bypass on Watagan Creek Rd. It used to be a good drive to Laguna, but with the bridge closed is there a shortcut around it (that gets you back on the road, but on the other side?)

Toddyh

You can follow Watagan Forest Road which turns into Wollombi Forest Road and eventually Walkers Ridge Road pretty much all the way to George Downs Drive. Then you have about 20km on tar to Laguna.

2manytoys

Yep, cool, I've been that way before. There looks like there are some "new" tracks near the bridge, I was wondering if they somehow go around top and come out on the other side of the bridge.

Cheers.

The rally calendar says that there is an upcoming rally to be held there so that could explain the tracks being graded. Most of the area will be closed off when these events are on.

stuntsman

Old mill rd is were you could learn how to pick a line and ever 4x4 a 2wd short wheel base or average just about anywhere coastal 4x4 is were i wouldnt bother 2wd 4x4 inland just about awhere ya can is good test of patience and knowledge

Triton14

Old mill rd is were you could learn how to pick a line and ever 4x4 a 2wd short wheel base or average just about anywhere coastal 4x4 is were i wouldnt bother 2wd 4x4 inland just about awhere ya can is good test of patience and knowledge
Dude, this is from over 6 years ago!

Its probably back to normal by now??

Anyway its forestry corporation land, of course they are going to grade trails when they are about to harvest the forest!!