Old Cars in the Bush

dno67

I wonder how many old cars in the bush broke down? Probably they were eventually dumped you could say.
Maybe these two I found on a back road to Whittlesea/Kinglake last year who were dumped, whatever, will one day become history.
Not likely, as the local council has already removed them.
So in years to come, will old cars in the bush just disappear. ??
View attachment 54725
View attachment 54726
Looks like the "fast and furious" dumping ground.

shanegtr

Where is this bad boy ?

You would nt think it's the sort of truck that would get ditched, does nt look cheap
Its just north of Ashburton Downs station homestead in the Pilbara. Story I heard was it was being driven to a mine site when it broke down and thats where it stayed.

typhoeus

I was up there yesterday to visit friends , I will keep an eye out for it.
Yes its ion a road that goes out to a flying school/ old airfield. The road used to go further & join appin rd near the colliery. I was looking for some bush tracks down there but the road is closed

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
Be interested in a pick of the yellow beast hiding in the background
of them pics. Looks like a D4 or similar.
I’ll be sure to get a few photos of it next time I’m out that way (already been there twice this year so far).

Assuming it’s there that is. According to their Facebook, there’s a few changes about to happen out there. The long time caretaker Cobby Bob has been asked to move on, and they’re going to lease the place to a “tourism based business”.

I’ll be sure to get a few photos of it next time I’m out that way (already been there twice this year so far).

Assuming it’s there that is. According to their Facebook, there’s a few changes about to happen out there. The long time caretaker Cobby Bob has been asked to move on, and they’re going to lease the place to a “tourism based business”.
I can confirm that the caretaker has been asked to move, first hand when re feeling at Mt Dare.

BIGCOL

That'll stuff the wonderful remote feeling that's there, especially when tourist operators are introduced to make a buck. It will certainly change things.

Col.

Test