Old Cars in the Bush

Joe Fury

G'day Adventurers
A solo vehicle wander back through some once important places, not too far off from the most prominent land mark in my immediate area, Mount Newman and well within sight of the Mount Whaleback Iron Ore mine and my home town ~ Newman.

History be that man made or geological land forms actually don't have a high rate of survival in what is in truth a mining region, yet there are still several old relics out in the scrub, rusting peacefully.

These once proud 'Yank Tanks' were well and truly alive, the Pontiac Parrisean was used as a tow vehicle for Gilders, which were based at the Newman Glider Club/airstrip(s) ~ now well and truly abandoned the bush may reclaim the hulks, but the miners are coming.
IMGP7530.JPG

IMGP7532.JPG

Dodge Phonix
IMGP7548.JPG
IMGP7549.JPG

Possibly a ~ Desoto ~ but I'm not sure.
IMGP7530.JPG
IMGP7532.JPG
IMGP7548.JPG
IMGP7549.JPG

Just in case you don't believe the 'Miners are coming' ~ well they are COMING !!
IMGP7570.JPG

Drill pad formation earthworks.
IMGP7587.JPG

Safe travels : Joe Fury

Attachments

discomatt

Joe, not wrong about the miners are coming, met an old Aboriginal Elder out the back of Karijini on our recent trip that we chatted to for about an hour over a couple of drinks. In the discussion he made comment on how the stolen generation is happening all over again but this time its the land that is being raped and destroyed by mining for the massive gains for a few megga rich.
Was a well educated and well spoken fellow and one of the most interesting/enlightening discussions of the trip

Spooner

Garden art for the nu place... :rolleyes:
LOL Deano,
Not for us , besides who wants rusted out old scrap metal in their front yard ;)
I know its a big thing around here , everyones doing it , though I will be happy with a custom letterbox that I haven't thought up yet .
Besides if i get anything good, it can go in the shed :)

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I wonder how many old cars in the bush broke down? Probably they were eventually dumped you could say.
Maybe these two I found on a back road to Whittlesea/Kinglake last year who were dumped, whatever, will one day become history.
Not likely, as the local council has already removed them.
So in years to come, will old cars in the bush just disappear. ??
20161227_121840.jpg

20161227_123446_000.jpg

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day Adventurers
A solo vehicle wander back through some once important places, not too far off from the most prominent land mark in my immediate area, Mount Newman and well within sight of the Mount Whaleback Iron Ore mine and my home town ~ Newman.

History be that man made or geological land forms actually don't have a high rate of survival in what is in truth a mining region, yet there are still several old relics out in the scrub, rusting peacefully.

These once proud 'Yank Tanks' were well and truly alive, the Pontiac Parrisean was used as a tow vehicle for Gilders, which were based at the Newman Glider Club/airstrip(s) ~ now well and truly abandoned the bush may reclaim the hulks, but the miners are coming.
View attachment 54713
View attachment 54714

Safe travels : Joe Fury
An original Pontiac Parrisean when I was President of the Pontiac Club of Vic.
DCP_0595.JPG

Test