Old 40L engel

How old?

Mine is about 19yo and appears to have the same shape and size as my mates 40L which he bought two weeks ago.

When I bought mine I got sucked into the "you have to have a cover" for it thing. About two years ago I had a thermostat issue so took it to an independant, authorised Engel repairer in Sydney. In general chat he asked me why I had the cover on it, he ended up telling me that unless the fridge is outside, say sitting on the back of a ute or table top he advised against the bags as they caused condensation between the bag and the fridge.

Last edited:

CruiserAd

Transit bag has been a godsend for my 40 litre Engel. I've got the gold 50 anniversary. It's been used and abused but still in brilliant condition. The bag is a bit stuffed though.

sharkcaver

When I bought mine I got sucked into the "you have to have a cover" for it thing. About two years ago I had a thermostat issue so took it to an independant, authorised Engel repairer in Sydney. In general chat he asked me why I had the cover on it, he ended up telling me that unless the fridge is outside, say sitting on the back of a ute or table top he advised against the bags as they caused condensation between the bag and the fridge.
About 12 months ago, I defrosted the home freezer and put the engel into use inside as a freezer whilst I waited for the home one to melt its ice buildup. far out, I couldn't believe the condensation between the fridge and the bag - and it wasn't a time of high humidity inside.

Buxter

We got our Engel in 2006, with an insulation bag,
The whole setup is brilliant !

Fridge or Freezer, they are great !