Old 40L engel

Sed8td

Hi all, I have a pretty old engel and was wondering if you can buy a insulated cover for them? Or if another will fit.

jtb2879

How old?

Mine is about 19yo and appears to have the same shape and size as my mates 40L which he bought two weeks ago.

When I bought mine I got sucked into the "you have to have a cover" for it thing. About two years ago I had a thermostat issue so took it to an independant, authorised Engel repairer in Sydney. In general chat he asked me why I had the cover on it, he ended up telling me that unless the fridge is outside, say sitting on the back of a ute or table top he advised against the bags as they caused condensation between the bag and the fridge.

Last edited:

CruiserAd

Transit bag has been a godsend for my 40 litre Engel. I've got the gold 50 anniversary. It's been used and abused but still in brilliant condition. The bag is a bit stuffed though.

sharkcaver

When I bought mine I got sucked into the "you have to have a cover" for it thing. About two years ago I had a thermostat issue so took it to an independant, authorised Engel repairer in Sydney. In general chat he asked me why I had the cover on it, he ended up telling me that unless the fridge is outside, say sitting on the back of a ute or table top he advised against the bags as they caused condensation between the bag and the fridge.
About 12 months ago, I defrosted the home freezer and put the engel into use inside as a freezer whilst I waited for the home one to melt its ice buildup. far out, I couldn't believe the condensation between the fridge and the bag - and it wasn't a time of high humidity inside.

Buxter

We got our Engel in 2006, with an insulation bag,
The whole setup is brilliant !

Fridge or Freezer, they are great !