Change background image

Oh What A Feeling - Toyota Lemon

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by Synchro, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Synchro

Synchro Well-Known Member

2. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Poor bugger!! Just goes to show ALL manufacturers can put out a lemon and none will take responsibility or have the ability to fix it without major issues, stress and pain to the unlucky consumer

phs and Albynsw like this.
  3. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

It's rare to see such honesty in an advert, obviously tongue in cheek ad and he's going for refund, which if the faults are correct, you could argue that would be a fair enough outcome.

Poor bugger might have a Friday assembled vehicle.
    Think they should close all factories on Fridays, no one has their eye on the ball . . . on hang on this would be some Japanese / Asian factory, not Aussie, carry on.

phs and oldlux like this.
  4. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

A car is a complex mechanism... It is incredible that there are not more issues with them on the road...

What counts is how the dealer deals with the problems.

Given the amount of things they have replaced they are obviously trying, even if it is no longer what he wants as a result.

Sure consumer rights gives them the option of attempting a fix before a replacement or refund

Aaron Schubert and Albynsw like this.
  5. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be happy getting a brand spanker and having dramas from day one either poor bugger

I know someone who bought a brand new BMW X5 and it would intermittently just shut down all the time. He owned it for 12 months and only got to use it for about 4 months as it spent the rest of the time at the dealers.
    To BMW's credit they provided him a loan car the whole time and in the end when the gremlin could not be found they took the vehicle back and sent it back to Germany and gave hiim a full credit of his initial purchase price to buy any other car they sold

muc the truck likes this.
  6. Les PK Ranger

Now THAT is the level of lemon laws we need to have in place here in Australia.

Albynsw likes this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Oh what a Feeling :(
    I do like the guys style though , getting his message out :)

Albynsw likes this.
  8. mauriceb

mauriceb Well-Known Member

If any one one's me to check this vehicle out before they purchase its only a coupla km's from my place

9. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Sounds like like a bargin :rolleyes:
    He maybe better off having someone "borrow " it off him and then attempting to roast marshmellows on it;).

discomatt likes this.
  10. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

I would be doing some deeeeeeeep river crossings

80lover96gxl likes this.
  11. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

You'd be disappointed buying any new vehicle and having issues like that, let alone one that cost so much. Poor bloke!

Aaron

12. Les PK Ranger

This certainly will go against Toyota if he pursues it like the Jeep bloke.
    Toyotas main attraction is the quality, reliability, and back up it's renowned for, if they lose that from incidents like this, they'll have to go on price point like all the others !!

13. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

You would think so wouldn't you but when you look at Jeep who has a reputation for being a lemon on several fronts de copped bucket loads of bad publicity still manage to sell a lot of vehicles so who knows

I think a lot of these issues come back to how well the dealer handles the problems when they arise. The vehicle maker probably isn't even made aware of the extent of the issue with the dealer just trying to brush the problem aside hoping it goes away.

Spooner and phs like this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for him , but promoting his plight on a Gumtree ad , is to me a wrong move.
    Its a Bottom Feeders website .

phs likes this.
  15. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Bottom feeders website ? I'm sure I'm not a "bottom feeder" because I use gumtree on occasions, please explain what you mean by "bottom feeders"

16. Les PK Ranger

They (bottomfeeders) usually phone and offer a ridiculously low figure.
    If you can put up with a bit of wasted time from say 8/10 callers, you do strike the ones that are ok and not like that.
    I have the PDR ad up there and also the headlight restoration ads, bring in most first contacts fine, then we just get referrals happening.

Spooner and ian.c like this.
  17. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Thanks Les I get it now, I once had a complete kombi advertised for $8000 one guy persisted with an offer of $3000 and acted offended when I refused his $3500 final offer, didn't stop there he continued with bullshit stories from trying to sell his current vehicle to looking for a hobby that him and his dying father could work together on, so now I know he was a typical 'bottom feeder' I did sell the Kombi for a good price by waiting for the right buyer who couldn't resist my gradual discounts over 2 weeks.

Spooner likes this.
  18. Les PK Ranger

Yeah bottom feeders work on the principal that there are heaps of sellers, and if they get 1/10 that sell for the lowball price offer, they are winning.
    It is true you make your profit when you buy, but there is also 'fair and reasonable' that most consider.
    Suppose it comes down to why people are buying, to get value and keep something a while and make use of it, or to resell for profit soon after buying.

Spooner likes this.
  19. BonZa

BonZa Member

I've owned a Jeep Wrangler for 12 years and recently purchased a brand new twin cab Toyota 79 series.

the Yota is more like a truck that can carry loads of stuff and the Wrangler is a go any where vehicle and can carry bugger all. have clocked up 200k on the little Jeep, so far so good with only normal service type things. (do all my own maintenance). there are few funny quirks about them but easily resolved and any spares are cheap and easy to get from US vendors
    plus in the 1980's owned a Yota 60 series for ten years. compared to that vehicle the Jeep was more reliable mile for mile

muc the truck and Albynsw like this.
  20. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I've never heard of a 60 being unreliable, must have been one of those rare lemons like the 200, unless you had the old 2f petrol version, I had one of those that was impossible to tune, spluttered when I drove through a puddle, but still clocked massive ks, never been on a tow truck, got the 2h 1988 model now which has been rebuilt from scratch 90,000 ks ago engine 190,000 ks ago, should turn over the 750,000 k mark over the holidays, and this old girt tows 90 percent of the time, ultra reliability if treated right. Don't think I'd replace it with anything from jeep for reliability improvement :p Unless it was an original v8 Cherokee , now that was a nice jeep. Yeah I like old cars.:)

phs likes this.