October Long Weekend

Kermit

4x4 Earth Contributer
Planning a Trip to Port Lincoln if that's any help. Not real Close, Might as well travel to Melbourne
Going over to Visit friends and do the tourist bit through the parks for a few days
Probably head off Thursday and back Tuesday
Missus is gunna fly over and meet me there (Can't get the time off work)

Big-Trev

Kermit,

Lovely part of the world, especially Memory Cove.
Unable to get any more time of as I'm moving into my new home soon. Probably go some where very close if I go away at all.

mac_man_luke

Ill do something not sure what yet, thoughts either Robe/Beachport, Salt creek (fishing trip), Pryenees or Flinders.

Big-Trev

Would like to go up to Arkaroola for the weekend.Have been wanting to get there for some time.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Would like to go up to Arkaroola for the weekend.Have been wanting to get there for some time.

Long way for a 3 dayer, might be ok leaving to get up there the day before the weekend starts.

It is nice up there, why I'm hoping to do a quick detour up from Yunta on the way back from Brissy, almost there :)

Big-Trev

Weekend will now be a wite of,as I will be moving into the new house and will now have heaps to do.

Wannabe4WDer

Hi guys. I am new around here and hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. I have in-laws that live around the Carrieton area (actually driving up to visit them tomorrow). I haven't heard of the Bendleby Ranges before but they sound very interesting. Are the tracks there suitable for a newby? Is there some tracks you can go in to for an hour or two? Looks to be around 45mins from the in-laws farm so an afternoon trip might be fun.

80lover96gxl

Hi guys. I am new around here and hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. I have in-laws that live around the Carrieton area (actually driving up to visit them tomorrow). I haven't heard of the Bendleby Ranges before but they sound very interesting. Are the tracks there suitable for a newby? Is there some tracks you can go in to for an hour or two? Looks to be around 45mins from the in-laws farm so an afternoon trip might be fun.
Yep sure are mate.
Bendleby has 2 main areas of 4wding, the Bendleby ranges side and the Hungry ranges side.

The bendleby side would be perfect but really suited to a whole day, in saying that you could spend an arvo there easily taking in a few tracks and seeing what the place has to offer for maybe a longer stay another time.

There's also the training track near the machinery sheds near the office you can also have a play on aswell to get a feel of how your truck will react to some of the tracks on offer.

I saw on their fb page their main creek was flooded the other day but it runs away pretty quickly up there so the tracks should be sweet, should also be nice n green up there too with all the recent rains.

One thing to consider is it can be a little pricey for the tracks, $75 i think now, not sure if you can get a reduced rate for a half day or arvo but could be worth asking before you go, or consider maybe a day there if possible to get your monies worth.

What ever you decide you"ll have fun, i rate it as the best 4wding station stay in SA due to the amount of tracks on offer, the sensational campsites, great fascilities and free firewood supplied, enjoy.

Wannabe4WDer

I am heading out that way tomorrow. Maybe I will take a bit of a detour to the front gate? According to the website getting there is half the fun (and free!).

80lover96gxl

We usually go via Orroroo, the dirt road is generally in good order and the dirt rd from the turnoff to the property is usually good too, have fun.

Barra_2

Hi, from memory, they have maps with colour tracks showing the terrains for them with green being easy and red hard. You can join us on the LWE, if you like, and we'll help you through. Barra

Wannabe4WDer

Hi Barra. Thanks for the offer. I am heading up this weekend so doubt we will go gain next weekend now. I have a bit of packing to do as we are moving house in a couple of weeks. I am usually up that way around Christmas, Easter and every second long weekend as well as school holidays so will check out the place some time.

Wannabe4WDer

Drove past the turnoff to Bendelby this morning but slept in a bit so didn't have the time to do a detour to check it out. A bit of water around up here at the moment, everything is nice and green so should be a good place to visit next weekend. Have fun!

Rooboy2724

Thinking about heading off to Ngarkat and maybe some of the border track on either Sunday or Monday, if anyone wants to come along your welcome to join, early start late finish more than likely. (will have full recovery equipment with me incase needed but won't be going to hard incase you don't have a lot of experience)

Regards
Andrew