NSW Trips 21-22 March

lewiswilkinson

Hi All

I'm based out of Sydney. Just wondering if anyone has any plans for a little explore over the 21-22 March weekend?

Keen to get out there!

Cheers

lewiswilkinson

I might be talked into something. Where you thinking?
No idea yet! I've done a bit but not loads, and dont have a winch, so nothing too excessive..

Done the standard Fraser Island, CREB track and a fair bit in the Daintree however...

Something within a few hours of Sydney?

Toddyh

There's a million different options that fit that description. But there's also a lot of areas still closed from the fires.
Which side of Sydney are you?

lewiswilkinson

There's a million different options that fit that description. But there's also a lot of areas still closed from the fires.
Which side of Sydney are you?
Very true. I'm pretty close to the CBD in Surry Hills, but everywhere in Aus is at least a few hours drive away, so happy to be led. Anywhere you particularly want to tackle?

Toddyh

WhtsCrckn

I was supposed to go on a tag along tour through Turon to carpetee but got cancelled because of Corona. I'm keen to get out somewhere around blue mountains. Camp sat night 4wd Sunday. But like the OP have hardly any experience. Stocky Wildtrack with the basic recovery gear snatch strap, Maxx tracks shovel etc. No winch.

lewiswilkinson

Yeah that sounds good.

My surf has a big lift, muddies, etc. I've got a recovery point on the rear, some (knockoff) maxtracks etc..

I''ll have a look around and check whats still open etc, and perhaps we could go for some gentle exploring over the weekend.

Best way to avoid corona is to get out of the city, right? ;)

WhtsCrckn

Yeah that sounds good.

My surf has a big lift, muddies, etc. I've got a recovery point on the rear, some (knockoff) maxtracks etc..

I''ll have a look around and check whats still open etc, and perhaps we could go for some gentle exploring over the weekend.

Best way to avoid corona is to get out of the city, right? ;)
Change of plans. We gonna just camp with family for the night most likely at Newnes. No 4wding this weekend lol. Best of luck anyways. I've rang around and the trip I was thinking of is still closed from fire & flood damage.

old parthy

Camping is open up at LAKE LYALL (blue mountains) with the 4wd tracks open nearby (rydal).
We were going to do Newnes, but still has lots of areas closed.. (for 4wding) .. At Lake Lyall one can use shower's 20 cent coins) and Toilet Blocks.
Tracks in the area are easy to hard.. on the harder tracks if you can always go round on chicken tracks in most places...