NSW NPWS Closure - Covid-19 Alert.

03hilux

This came through today. I searched the related campground for this years NSW'earth meet, and found some further information. I checked other campgrounds and the dates given seem across the board.
The notice is in force from today, 26th March,2020 through to 5pm, 31st May 2020 until further notice.

barcher

Thought I'd try booking a popular campground, Geehi Flats for the long weekend. Turns out Friday night is booked out, but Saturday and Sunday are still available. No idea how the ranger is going to enforce numbers when everyone is just going to roll up unaware of the new booking rule.

smitty_r51

Noticed a lot of free camps like Abercrombie are now $6 booking fee... Wonder if they will drop the booking fees when this all blows over.

Triton14

Bookings for everything is going to be the norm for some time now but I don't get how a Government department is charging a booking fee seeing as they are getting paid anyway :oops:

I would be happy to pay a private ABN business a small fee to help their running costs but a Gov run entity???

That is just wrong imo!

callmejoe

The government needs some way of claiming back the Millions it has just splashed out to keep the roof over most people's heads..

Taxs will not be the only revenue method they use.

Triton14

Maybe I just miss read the post?
Anyway like I said, if a NSW NP starts charging a booking fee its just BS!

Noel Preston

There is no camping fee in most NP's, just a park entry fee and now a booking fee. Lol
Queensland generally don't charge an entry fee but charge for camping and you must book. Exceptions to no entry fees are all areas which involve beach driving and they are not cheap.