NSW Fair Trading ---- Gasoline Motor Co

Spooner

Thats not surprising , to me anyway , all this custom built motorcycle fad for hipsters , is a bad joke really.
It sounds easy , import from japan bikes that were crap 30 years ago , for scrap metal prices , i.e. next to nothing .
Cut them up repaint and sell them to some sucker that doesn't know any better as a custom old school build for a huge profit.
The concept is good , turning yesterdays turd's into todays classics ;)

ULost2

have to admit I know nothing of Gasoline Motor Co; but while on m/bikes ------ how the hell do they get away with making so much noise; especially the harleys. Imagine the noise if trucks/roadtrains could make the same noise on a weight for weight bases .

Swaggie

have to admit I know nothing of Gasoline Motor Co; but while on m/bikes ------ how the hell do they get away with making so much noise; especially the harleys. Imagine the noise if trucks/roadtrains could make the same noise on a weight for weight bases .

Yep it's a bloody joke, A copper pulls a P Plater over for being a few decibles over the limit and has to pay to get the noise checked while Harley's thunder past that just about ruptures your ear drums..

poverty rider

Yep it's a bloody joke, A copper pulls a P Plater over for being a few decibles over the limit and has to pay to get the noise checked while Harley's thunder past that just about ruptures your ear drums..
The same rules apply to motorcycles and they get caught as well.

ULost2

The same rules apply to motorcycles and they get caught as well.
very true I know however it does seem one group does get away with it more . At least most trucks are reasonable quiet these days; but there is always a naughty rat or two in every pack

Spooner

As for importing cars from the US , years ago when I was doing container work , I delivered one to a place , was full of second hand V8 engines .
What I didn't know was that the cops were watching and waited for them to unload , turns out they were pulling off the sumps and stuffing them full of handguns and bolting them back on.

Albynsw

very true I know however it does seem one group does get away with it more . At least most trucks are reasonable quiet these days; but there is always a naughty rat or two in every pack

Agree, truckies are at a point these days with inspections and regulations where you would almost call it persecution from the authorities

The bikes don't cop it much at all compared to others