NSW Crew trip to the VIC Gathering 2018

Wang

So thought i would start throwing some dates around so people can book leave etc for the NSW to Vic meet trip this year.

https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/11th-annual-victorian-gathering.43975/

Have not even thought about which way to get there and am open for suggestions.

I plan on leaving on the Saturday 10/11/18 and head to wherever we decide to meet, make our way to tabotville for the meet up
then take the week from the Monday 19/11/18 to the friday 23/11/18 to work our way back nth.

I would like to do some of the harder stuff the VHC has to offer as well as visiting as many points of interest along the way.

I think if we get big numbers like last year we should be splitting into smaller groups and meeting up where we can, much the same as we did last year.

So start thinking about coming along and those that know the area like @Bomber2012 @bugsy @Gavo @richardlnsw hope you can suggest some good routes to get there.

The list so far of those going
Bill & Olga
Dave
Michael B
Bomber
Wang
Jase
Bugsy

Going to be meeting at pinch river campgrounds on the Barry way on Saturday 10/11/18

Last edited:

bugsy

So thought i would start throwing some dates around so people can book leave etc for the NSW to Vic meet trip this year.

https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/11th-annual-victorian-gathering.43975/

I plan on leaving on the Saturday 10/11/18 and head to wherever we decide to meet, make our way to tabotville for the meet up
then take the week from the Monday 19/11/18 to the friday 23/11/18 to work our way back nth.

I would like to do some of the harder stuff the VHC has to offer as well as visiting as many points of interest along the way.

I think if we get big numbers like last year we should be splitting into smaller groups and meeting up where we can, much the same as we did last year.

So start thinking about coming along and those that know the area like @Bomber2012 @bugsy @Gavo @richardlnsw hope you can suggest some good routes to get there.
Will have a good chat next month up north Wang for sure

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well Lisa and I intend leaving Brisbane on 9th. It's our intention to pick up splitpin st moss vale around the 10th or 11th and head to thredbo. We want to hike to the summit of Mt Kosciuszko. From there we thought across the Murray and up pinnabar to wheeler's creek but nothing after that. I would like to show her Wallace's Hut. Afterwards probably into Wonnangatta the up towards Craig's hut etc.

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
I reckon we head west from Omeo , will save a shipload of money , swags being vomitted in and a killer hang over .:D:D
What, and miss out on one of the highlights of the trip.
Twelve hours believing I would never drink again was a small price to pay.:D

Not sure if I’m in for this one or not yet. Won’t know until the middle of next month at the earliest. Chances are I’ll be able to join in for at least some it though.

bugsy

Well Lisa and I intend leaving Brisbane on 9th. It's our intention to pick up splitpin st moss vale around the 10th or 11th and head to thredbo. We want to hike to the summit of Mt Kosciuszko. From there we thought across the Murray and up pinnabar to wheeler's creek but nothing after that. I would like to show her Wallace's Hut. Afterwards probably into Wonnangatta the up towards Craig's hut etc.
Might start the trip with you fine people then if you'll have me

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Absolutely Kris, the more the merrier. Of course so long as you can handle travelling with a jeep hahahaha, we are still yet to determine exact route but we are good at winging it.
Mount Kosciuszko is the definate this time round. I keep putting it off but this time it's all go. I am just unsure in whether the Ford over the Murray at Tom Groggin ie gonna suit the Grand Cherokee that time of year but there is always a plan B.
Perhaps I should kick of a FB event so we can get some proper discussions happening.

richardlnsw

You could always do something like we did a few years ago.
Sunday at McKillops Bridge, then head to Jackson's Crossing for Monday camp(great crossing to do). If Haunted Stream is open you could camp along there Tuesday. Then an easy day to Dargo Wednesday. This allows for a slow Thursday morning into Talbotville which always seems to be needed!!
There is heaps to see along the way each day too.

bugsy

You could always do something like we did a few years ago.
Sunday at McKillops Bridge, then head to Jackson's Crossing for Monday camp(great crossing to do). If Haunted Stream is open you could camp along there Tuesday. Then an easy day to Dargo Wednesday. This allows for a slow Thursday morning into Talbotville which always seems to be needed!!
There is heaps to see along the way each day too.
Great idea always wanted to do haunted stream .
At least no black jeep to catch on fire so we should be safe this year to get to camp before 2100 this time round Dickie.
Great idea about Dargo pub can have 2 nights their a rock into camp fri I like your thinking .
Also their is a couple really steep spur tracks out of Dargo we could look at the I've heard a lot about

RODEODAVE

What's my chance of getting to craigs hut ? don't know much about these areas but this is one place i want to see.