Nsw convoy to Otooles Vic big bash 10 year gathering 12/11/17

2002GU3

I'm in, just registered, will be camping at Turon tomorrow night, doing caves to caves Friday - saturday - sunday then straight from Wombeyan to Tom Groggin/Dogman's hut sunday night, :)( unless I get lost, then I'll catch up at Dargo pub ) :rolleyes::D @billolga if your getting anxious Bill, your welcome to join us on the caves run - (will be meeting at intersection of Janolen caves rd. - Edith rd. - Kanangra Walls rd. midday Friday ):D:D:D

richardlnsw

I'm in, just registered, will be camping at Turon tomorrow night, doing caves to caves Friday - saturday - sunday then straight from Wombeyan to Tom Groggin/Dogman's hut sunday night, :)( unless I get lost, then I'll catch up at Dargo pub ) :rolleyes::D @billolga if your getting anxious Bill, your welcome to join us on the caves run - (will be meeting at intersection of Janolen caves rd. - Edith rd. - Kanangra Walls rd. midday Friday ):D:D:D
If you get to the crossing and are not sure we will have radios on ch25. The hut is only just across the river.

richardlnsw

Hey @bugsy ... I spoke with the park ranger today and although he himself had not been over Pinnibar the reports are that the track is officially "open" but advised for travellers to have a chainsaw handy.:cool: As for the actual track condition well I wouldn't be expecting anything to fancy lol

richardlnsw

So just a heads up to everyone who is coming down Friday/ Friday Night.
There are parts of Thredbo Diggings camp ground close for rejuvenation following too much wear over the winter break on the grassed area. If it is the are that I am thinking (the top section) then there wont be much room up top and we would need to go down to the bottom section which is now has bollards around so you can't camp right next to your vehicle (close but no cigar!) and as The Diggings can get a little busy there may not be much room for 10 vehicles.
We will assess this when we get there tomorrow and if needed will may have to move camp to Ngarigo.... a few km's on the right closer to Thredbo. This too has bollards but is a much bigger area. The Diggings is a nicer camp ground which is why I stay there.
So if you pull into the diggings and there is no sexy Prado, Silver beast Patrol, Mighty Maroon 80 series or the Incredible Jaye's Jimny then we will be just down the road at Ngarigo. :cool:

Bomber2012

Weather for the trip down is going to be ideal , sunny skies up to the high 20's , mild overnight , winds will be variable nothing over 15 kph .
The high country will be as good as it gets. :D:D:D

bugsy

Hey @bugsy ... I spoke with the park ranger today and although he himself had not been over Pinnibar the reports are that the track is officially "open" but advised for travellers to have a chainsaw handy.:cool: As for the actual track condition well I wouldn't be expecting anything to fancy lol
To easy sounds good thanks heaps richard

Gunna

Summit walk is open. Forecast is no too bad. Yeeha.
See you all down there. I start my annual leave tomorrow so I am out of here in the morning. Safe travels everyone.
Done the summit walk last weekend there was still plenty of snow about but the track was open we done it in just under 4 hours they had another dump of 10cm on Monday but you should be right