• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

NSW 2019 VHC Trip

Bomber2012

thanks guys, :) the old cruiser hasn't been out for a while, have a work vehicle now ( xl ranger pos ) :confused: will be nice to get back in a proper 4by that doesn't do the driving for you. should be at Thredbo Diggings thursday arvo if my plan works. but we all know how plans go :rolleyes:
Mckillops Bridge camping ground Sat night if you get held up .

coolumbla

will be good to see you toddy!

son is coming in his ranger

I've just wired up the second fridge for the beer in that case !

I also made the mistake of looking at the forecast!

Thredbo friday afternoon for me

@Almostunseen , Hamish, Sunday night?
Saturday night or Sunday Morning at McKillops Bridge?
@billolga Will only be able to leave Sydney Sunday morning at this rate, so hoping to tee up with you lot on at Jacksons Crossing on Sunday night, Driving to Buchan via road then taking Buchan Obrost Rd in.
If I'm able to escape by Saturday night then we may travel over the night and arrive Sunday Morning at McKillops but that is very unlikely, but, I will push to try make it.

What's his name?
Some may say Trevor

shaun0

A few of us are doing the Kosciuszko summit walk on the Friday, we will be camped at Thredbo Diggings Thursday and Friday nights before heading to McKillops Bridge on the Saturday.
Might be a no go now they expect up to 40cm snow with blizzards lol

discomatt

The weather is really against you guys, be careful and take extra caution on the river crossings, they will be flowing hard !!

billolga

The weather is really against you guys, be careful and take extra caution on the river crossings, they will be flowing hard !!
Matt, we have a meeting place & date & around two weeks for some of us & were winging it from there just like last year.

shaun0

I'm at 3 mile dam tonight so could in theory meet you guys at the diggings tomorrow. Have to fly overseas on Monday so cant really do the trip.

itlldoo

Thursday 7 November
Summary
Min -1Max 2Snow showers. Very windy.Possible rainfall: 10 to 20 mmChance of any rain: 95%
Alpine area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, falling as snow above 1500 in the morning, and above 1800 metres later in the day. Winds west to northwesterly 60 to 80 km/h.
Fire Danger - High
Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]
7 day Town Forecasts
Precis Icon Location Min Max
Thredbo Top Station-12
Perisher Valley-15
Friday 8 November
Summary
Min 0Max 1Snow showers. Very windy.Possible rainfall: 25 to 40 mmChance of any rain: 100%
Alpine area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of snow showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and early evening. Winds west to northwesterly 55 to 75 km/h turning southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h in the evening.
Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]
Saturday 9 November
Summary
Min -6Max 1Snow shower or two. Windy.Possible rainfall: 1 to 4 mmChance of any rain: 70%
Alpine area
Cloudy. High (70%) chance of snow showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then tending westerly 35 to 50 km/h during the day.
Sun protection recommended from 9:00 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 9 [Very High]
Sunday 10 November
Summary
Min -2Max 4Snow then shower or two. Wind easing.Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mmChance of any rain: 60%
Alpine area
Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, falling as snow above 1500 metres in the morning. Winds west to southwesterly 35 to 50 km/h.
Monday 11 November
Summary
Min 0Max 11Partly cloudy.Chance of any rain: 5%
Alpine area
Partly cloudy. Winds southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h during the day.
Tuesday 12 November
Summary
Min 3Max 15Becoming windy. Sunny.Chance of any rain: 20%
Alpine area
Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds northwesterly 30 to 45 km/h increasing to 35 to 50 km/h later.
Wednesday 13 November
Summary
Min 7Max 16Possible shower. Wind easing.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 40%
Alpine area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Winds northwesterly 35 to 50 km/h turning west to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the day.