Change background image

not a Great Wall x240 2010

Discussion in 'My 4WD' started by jacnden, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jacnden

jacnden Well-Known Member

not a Great Wall x240, 2010

Good Points
    I can get in an argument with almost anyone about great walls
    its a good size for me between the full size patrols and cruisers and the little wagons
    its cheap to run
    its a capable offroader and underestimated by a lot of people
    lots spent and its still cheaper than the next wagon out there and I don't have a car that someone else wore out

Bad Points
    I can get in an argument with almost anyone about great walls
    its underpowered
    bit concerned about the lack of spares in the bush

What mods have you done?

oaq bulbar
    warn winch
    rear bar with wheelcarrier and jerrycan holders
    brown davis sumpguard
    brown davis transmission guard
    diff drop
    body lift
    2inch ironman suspension
    Detroit auto locker rear
    Russian "trutrac locker front
    235/85/16 federal m/t
    rock sliders
    avm free wheeling hubs
    tjm snorkel
    powerful 4x4 roofrack of a prado
    lpg

must be more but I cant think

What mods are on the list to do?
    33" m/t probably bfg and 5.29 diffs to go with them

Why did you buy this vehicle?
    how do you explain buying a great wall?
    after a couple of very old hilux,s and an old jackeroo I was going to spend 20000 on a 5 year old hilux or a 3 year old rodeo and I went to look at the great wall ute. it was to ugly but after a huge deal of a trade in I came away with a new x240 and a new ipad for 14000

How often do you go offroad?
    fewtimes a year into the vic high country. did cape york and the tele track in july

What will your next vehicle be?
    long way to go with this one yet

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the type to stereotype, but I must admit, I've never seen a list of mods that impressive.. on a Great Wall. Bloody good effort, mate. I recently drove past a dual cab GW ute with (at least) a 6in lift kit on it(first I've ever seen like it), only downside was that the shmuck had 24in chrome rims and low profile tyres on it, haha. Any more photos you could share with us? Bet you would've got some looks up the cape! Be proud, at least nobody can say they have a ride like yours! Welcome to the forum :)

Joe_Devola likes this.
  3. darb

darb Well-Known Member

mate it's a bit hard for rest of us to argue about great wall ... when your photos through that creek crossing have me shaking my head saying "no frickin way not this little toyota duck" :) :D

4. Definatly the best looking great wall i have seen...... Would be interesting what its like off road.. Great list of mods tho!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

5. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

Ive been wheelin' with a GW, and I was impressed. Definitely a very underestimated rig, and your pics prove it.

6. jacnden

underdog, a couple more for you

Attached Files:

7. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Schhwing! With photos like that.. I can't see anyone here giving you sh*t for driving a great wall, haha. The best part is that you use it too, mate, so all credit to you.

peter page likes this.
  8. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Haha even a big stereo type Toyota cruiser driver like me can enjoy those photos.
    Mate I'd love to see closer view of your rear bar. I tried making twin jerry holder and looked silly. Yours looks good from that pic. Think you need to show your rig off and put up some more detailed pics.

Toddyh likes this.
  9. Belfy82

Belfy82 Active Member

Good effort there mate,

I came into this post getting ready to dish it out to great walls:p.... But you have me eating my sock now:eek::D:D

Good stuff, great list of mods and it seems these things are more capable than i thought:confused::rolleyes::eek: certainly has gone everywhere you wanted it to and need it to:cool:

Cheers,
    Shannon.

10. peejaycruiser

peejaycruiser Active Member

Got a mate who bought one of the very first GW in the country. He's stoked with it. Nothing has gone wrong with it and he can stick it to more "capable" trucks.

11. bally

bally Banned

im interested in why you did a diff drop for a 2" suspension lift? surely it didnt have that bad a cv angle prior to the lift to need a drop afterwards?

12. jacnden

gavo
    I don't have a lot of pics of the jerrycans. as you can see everything is on one hinge which is not ideal. originaly the bar came with just the wheel carrier in the centre of the bar. I moved the carrier to the right and added the jerry holders . I have added extra supports.
    when I have them filled I empty them into the fuel tank as soon as possible. a lot of weight on one hinge but it survived the corregations of cape York ok

dennis

Attached Files:

• 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
  13. jacnden

hi all
    i mentioned earlier that i want to run 33,s which are 255/85/16.
    i have been trying everywhere to find an old one to size up with , with no luck.

if anyone is running 255/85/16 i would love to come over and try one on for size. i would only bother you for half an hour! standard 6 stud wheel

its got to be this size because i cant fit any wider. my 235/85/16s fit ok

dennis

14. bally

bally Banned

is there a possibility of fitting some wider flares? would make sourcing tyres easier if you could get a more common size?

15. bally

bally Banned

by the way, loving the shots of the tele. its great to have ticked it off the list but man is that dust annoying haha!

16. Haha it gets into everything!..

Sent from the bat cave using tapatalk 2

17. redefine82

redefine82 New Member

hey mate ive got a set of 33 federal couragias sitting in my shed I took off my patrol if you want to try them out... im sure of the width though i will look when i get home. Im in Mordialloc.

18. bally

bally Banned

too wide for this id imagine. the usual size to come off a patrol is 12.5" width....

19. redefine82

redefine82 New Member

yeah I thought so too but didn't know off the top of my head... really have to get around to taking some pics and selling them just moved house and getting sick of seeing them haha.

20. bally

bally Banned

they would sell quickly on a few of the facebook pages and patrol forums, common size wanted by a fair few people