Not a bad freebie

discomatt

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that he has given away the most reliable trusted old friend only to replace it with a much more comfortable but extremely temperamental mistress , kind of like giving up the wife of 30 years to get a girl friend that's only 20 years old:confused:
All good fun for a week or two;)

dno67

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that he has given away the most reliable trusted old friend only to replace it with a much more comfortable but extremely temperamental mistress , kind of like giving up the wife of 30 years to get a girl friend that's only 20 years old:confused:
All good fun for a week or two;)
That quick. Iol

Bomber2012

Ive been thinking , if i fix the rust on the gutter rather than getting it re sprayed would it be worth getting it wrapped ???
Not that keen on the colour anyway .

mac_man_luke

Ive been thinking , if i fix the rust on the gutter rather than getting it re sprayed would it be worth getting it wrapped ???
Not that keen on the colour anyway .

A wrap job is only as good as the base so you would need at minimum get it to primer in the repaired areas
as well as ensure the rest of the paint is reasonable eg not powdery or about to fail
A cheap paint job would likely be similarly priced to a good wrap job but i guess it would be less unique.

Albynsw

I wouldn’t wrap it and not real keen on changing its colour for resale reasons
To me, if I was looking to buy it off you the first thing that comes to mind is what is he hiding under the wrap.
And unless you do a full respray to change colour it could be seen as a bitsa which isn’t ideal either
Just my 2 cents worth

dno67

Pull the motor and sell it, then use the money towards a v8 engine swap and paint repair. It'll still be just as attractive to resell later and a heap of fun when sorted while cheap to club rego.

Bomber2012

Finally picked the old girl up today .:):):).
IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

Ive got a bit of work to do but she runs like a charm . :D

dno67

Easy enough to sell it with reg no rwc if you know how to go about it and it makes the sale a lot more apealing to purchasers.

80lover96gxl

if it was me and I got it for nothing , Id be ripping the plates and rego off.
Give it a detail and sell it unregistered with no RWC.
The Pecker Heads would be lining up ;) Money for Jam mate.
No need too worry about the rust issues and whatever else it needs.
Everyone would want it for the engine :D
Thats why i reckon its a keeper mate, there a great engine the ol 12ht and will likely still be ticking over k's when alot of newer engines have passed their used by dates;).

Spooner

Wrap you chops around this one Luke that I saw in town today .
Nice young chap that owned it so I blocked out any identifying things out of the photos , not that you could miss it.
10" Lift , Modded to the max , purpose built for tough tracks.
Georgie @Barra GU would love this , Very Nice Build ;) Cobaw Special
fullsizeoutput_1650.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_164f.jpeg

Barra GU

Wrap you chops around this one Luke that I saw in town today .
Nice young chap that owned it so I blocked out any identifying things out of the photos , not that you could miss it.
10" Lift , Modded to the max , purpose built for tough tracks.
Georgie @Barra GU would love this , Very Nice Build ;) Cobaw Special
View attachment 57826

View attachment 57827

Ok now that has my attention haha

Hey luke congrats on the new rig mate

Personally i would do what @dno67 said and just put it on club reg amd keep the thing.

Start off with just g9ving it a good once over when you get the time. Change the diff and transfer oils, and gove it a good service and keep it as a weekender since shes twin locked.

I have a mate of mine that owned a chopped 60 and it was a bloody aqesome rig.

Either way dont sell it!

Silveredition

Keep it! Spend some $ getting everything right and then I think you will like it so much you will sell the Lux... (I sold my 100 series Factory TD because I liked driving my old 2h 60 series so much). Now with my 12ht 60 the whole family prefers day trips in it rather than the wife’s 200 series....
Get a Turbosmart boost controller and tickle the boost up to 11psi with a touch more fuel...

Be prepared to talk to a lot of people when in camp grounds as they will all want to ask questions about it / talk about the one their Dad or grandfather had...