Not a bad freebie

Bomber2012

Well today i became the proud owner of a 60 series Landcruiser safari , twin locked , new 2" lift , new winch , bullbar , scrub bars , sliders , on board compressor and many more extras . 12H-T turbo diesel, its done 300,000 kms and best of all it was free , picking it up tomorrow , it has a little rust on the gutters but apart from that its in good nic .:D:D:D:D:D
fullsizeoutput_e49.jpeg

Bomber2012

My dilemma now is do i sell my trusty old hilux and spend some money on the 60 ???
Would be a sad to sell my Lux as its been a great unit , what would you blokes do ??

discomatt

Keep both, lux as your touring sorry, work truck ( tax write off) and the 60 as a weekend toy bush pig, best of both worlds
I am more than happy to have the old trusty D1 to do the tough tracks and the D4 for comfortable touring

callmejoe

Turn the 60 into a project car.
Do it up and then sell it....... Back packer delight...

For me its just to old, leaf sprung (improvement on the Lux thou ;):);) yes i inserted the funny face stuff) but not ever going to be that " mad machine" cool arse week end toy, in my eyes anyway.

Tink

If financial reasons are not a consideration, keep the Hilux. You know it and you trust it.
Whilst the 60 is a great freebie, because of its age it will never be more than a project fourbie. Great for weekend wheeling.
Well done by the way. Good score.
Tink

2002GU3

If you decide to get rid of the 60 series, I'll give you double what you paid for it :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D but seriously, even if you parted it out you should be able to get a few grand which could be more goodies for the Hi-lux.

Albynsw

What are all you guys banging on about saying it is too old , it has only done 300k which makes it nearly new .
They are a really good bus, I would use it a while and you will soon work out which vehicle you want to keep.

Congrats on such a good score.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Recently looked over a 60 on a farm at Mt. Beauty which had only done a little over 600,000 k's. Bloke gave it to his son in Melbourne who is doing it up to take his young family camping and he owns Mercedes and other similar vehicles. I guess like me he appreciates a HT (head turner) classic, because once they are gone you will just drive one of the thousands of same old same old clone crap, plastic fantastic, of today. How boring.:rolleyes:

typhoeus

Well, with the prices of GTHOs And toranas, etc. Maybe. . . And i said maybe, it will be worth something in a few years. There are websites dedicated to restoring old landcruisers now you know. .

barnsey062

been trying to find a 12ht engine for my 75 ute at the right price for a long time, you can't buy a 12ht second hand engine for under 6k so if you do end up selling it don't sell it for under 10k.
nice score :)