Non-mounted electric winch

AdamSN

Hi all,

Some years ago I remember seeing a magazine article which was on an electric winch which was not mounted to the vehicle but could be used from the front, rear or side. Has anyone seen anything on these?

Traveller

Is that the one where the winch is mounted into a cradle, that can be attached to the tow hitch, or
to a tree etc using straps.
If so, Google it- portable winch cradle
Opp Lock sell one, Tigerz winch have one, warn make one, don't know of the quality of any,
but the price varies a fair bit.

Adventure guy

Hi all,

Some years ago I remember seeing a magazine article which was on an electric winch which was not mounted to the vehicle but could be used from the front, rear or side. Has anyone seen anything on these?

I remember those portable winches, in theory thought they were a excellent idea.
Can't find any info on them now, only winch cradles where you can winch from the front or the rear.

What is the story on the winches that fit onto your front wheels ???
:confused:

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi all,

I remember the winch in question but not who made or supply it. I remember it was in a 4wd Action mag and/or DVD.

Joe

Australian 4wd Monthly has an advertisment for a potable electric winch from Brawn 4x4, that they call Port-A-Winch.