NO 5 Army trailer - Camper Trailer

muzza22au

Dam that's a lot of thought & effort gone in over the tome there muzza!

Awesome job, & good to see its being put to good use :D
Cheers mate, yeah its a work in progress and alot of fine tuning. But I must say that it is coming along great.
Just a few more bits to add and then it will be back on the road.

Rags90mod

Wow! Great work so far @muzza22au - that's pretty much the sort of set up I want to achieve with a No 5 as well. Keep the updates coming

I'm a ways off yet as it's bloody hard to try and get to the auctions when you live about 6 hours away from them

muzza22au

Wow! Great work so far @muzza22au - that's pretty much the sort of set up I want to achieve with a No 5 as well. Keep the updates coming

I'm a ways off yet as it's bloody hard to try and get to the auctions when you live about 6 hours away from them
Been awhile since I have updated my build thread.
A few things have been added.

The rear is totally boxed in.
1571452932210.png

I have made the rear door swing out, not up.

1571452980091.png

Front boxed in.

1571453027921.png

Now testing the kitchen and removable back door which turns into a side bench/table.

1571453092597.png

Wiring for the lights, water pump, LED strip lights which are bluetooth operated.

1571453168999.png

Mounted my UE Boom in a handy location.

1571453205016.png

Maiden trip - It towed well.

1571453238171.png

My No.5
I swapped the leaf springs to under the axle since it was too high and top heavy.
Also made the hitch since the lunette was missing.

Aluminium top on gas struts, which I could open even with the RTT open.

I dont have the camper anymore but the trailer is super useful on the farm although a tailgate would be good but I have been unwilling to alter its originality too much.
Note that the replacement trailers, made for the ADF G-wagens, are $40k!

View attachment 58973
Was going to mention how high the trailer was, but they use big trucks in the Army

Good Job