NM Pajero is it possible to have a trip meter

Savtriton

Hi all as the title suggests is there a way to get trip meter info on a NM Pajero? Keeping in mind these cars aren’t OBDII compliant so can’t use an OBD tool.

Albynsw

Hi all as the title suggests is there a way to get trip meter info on a NM Pajero? Keeping in mind these cars aren’t OBDII compliant so can’t use an OBD tool.

Is there a particular use you are wanting a trip meter for? Firstly they are not accurate if you are running different size wheels but also there are plenty of apps that can do it with a lot more options included

Savtriton

So it’s more to just have an idea of what’s going on in regards to fuel consumption etc. based on what I’ve found online due to the NM not being OBD II compliant there isn’t much I can do.

I have installed a double din stereo with Apple Car Play which has a speed alert built into Waze which has been nice :)

Albynsw

So it’s more to just have an idea of what’s going on in regards to fuel consumption etc. based on what I’ve found online due to the NM not being OBD II compliant there isn’t much I can do.

I have installed a double din stereo with Apple Car Play which has a speed alert built into Waze which has been nice :)

With most mapping apps you can set a trip meter, it is gps measured so at its most accuracy on level ground though

Lost1?

If you can fing a MUT III online, one setting is fuel consumption from memory. Like Boobook said, check it out on the Pajero forum. Lots of good info there.

CTL

Take photo of ODO after filling up. Take another after filling again and do the sums

Savtriton

I have found that an ML Triton display fits into an NM and has fuel usage I have no idea if this will work but I’m tempted to try just for fun :)

But yes at the moment I’m doing calculations

Savtriton

I think the exceed model had what you are looking for and will run off the same CANBUS configuration.
I’ve got the exceed nothing there unfortunately. Apparently it may have the sensors though. I’m probably going to stop looking at this point it’s probably a lot of effort considering that potentially the figures could be so far out it’s a waste of time. Right now I’m researching CarPlay options. There are So many options for Android Auto.

Rusty Panels

You might need to have someone work out the difference in wheel sizes and ratios and come up with a formula to calculate your particular usage, but there are hub mounted odometers that they use on trucks and trailers available. They are a couple of hundred bucks which isn't too bad. Wheel Hubodometers

Lost1?

If you are fitting an android head unit, an app like torque could be an option. By fitting an bluetooth dongle to your OBD port the data could be displayed on your head unit using bluetooth functionality.

Savtriton

If you are fitting an android head unit, an app like torque could be an option. By fitting an bluetooth dongle to your OBD port the data could be displayed on your head unit using bluetooth functionality.
Unfortunately the NM Pajero is not OBD II compliant :( wish it was.

Savtriton

Cheap GPS, reset the trip meter, brim the tank, brim on next fill, do the math, easy.
Yeah I know. Just have a thing for the number lol. My daughter used to watch it in my old car on long trips as she could see it from her seat and she would try and guess when it was going to do down lol so was just a fun little thing for us.