nissan trials

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
hi all
i think the trials is being held on 7th and 8th of november at river island nudie camp
off the wombean caves rd
is anyone on here going up to watch for the day or over night
should do a small forum meet up there
anyone interested!

croozza

hi all
i think the trials is being held on 7th and 8th of november at river island nudie camp
off the wombean caves rd
is anyone on here going up to watch for the day or over night
should do a small forum meet up there
anyone interested!

are you talking about watching the 4B's or the nudie's!....lol

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
will be there to watch the 4bys but keeping a eye out for any white pointers that may drift bye

Tats

Ahhhhhhhh! River Island. I remember it well when a couple of friends and I started the original NPC Cross Country Vehicle Trials way back in the '80s. They came from an idea that one of the members brought back from NZ (I think I still have the NZ video he brought back, and some slides of our original NPC trials). Of course we had to modify it to our conditions. Only standard vehicles were allowed to enter back then, anything modified was heavily handicapped according to the type and extent of the modification. When looking for a suitable venue River Island was suggested. A couple of us went up to check it out - what a SURPRISE! We were offered the flates along the river and thought they would be great. The owner assured us that on the weekend of the trials, all the nudies would restrict their activities to the camp proper so as not to embarrass anyone. That was ok, however on the weekends leading up to the Trials, when we were doing all the hard work in setting up, it wasn't uncommon for a naked family or two to wander along for a sticky beak. We were invited to use their little restaurant for lunch. It was very disconcerting watching a cook wearing nothing but an apron and thongs, cooking sausages and onions and hamburgers - it was good tucker though. There was a sign that requested people to place a towel under them when seated on the plastic chairs at the table. One wag suggested that it was because they were running out of egg slicers in trying to separate the fairer sex from the chair seats. They've come a long way since those bygone days. It makes me feel good that I was part of the humble beginnings.

Tats

Split pin

Yep we are wandering down during the day both saturday and sunday. As we only live at MossVale its right next door.