Nissan patrol 08

babyface

Nissan patrol, 08

Good Points
This my third Patrol, at least nissan still build a strong 4x4 you just can't kill them.

Bad Points
CRD 3lt has a bad name for their fuel Consumption.

What mods have you done?
working on them

What mods are on the list to do?
1 1/2 lift kit, DC chip

Why did you buy this vehicle?
Value for money, built tough to last

How often do you go offroad?
At least twice a month

What will your next vehicle be?
the all new Patrol

UncySpam

Bad Points
CRD 3lt has a bad name for their fuel Consumption.

I have one of the first CRD Patrols, and I dont have a problem with fuel consumption. It's not as good as I hoped (between 12 and 13 l/100 depending on how I drive) but its not as bad as some report....

Most CRD owners I have spoken with report similar consumption (after 10k is up - you will noticeably feel when the engine loosens up a bit - it will hold gears much better!) in fact, even when towing it doesnt seem to change too much. The ones who are mostly getting bad consumption are either using the vehicle wrong (doing 130k's an hour) or have the automatic.

Anyway... Welcome to the best fourby ever sold in Aus! Add LPG Gas on to your list of mods you want to do, and you will have one of hte bst tourers ever!

4X4

Welcome, has the DP Chip made any noticeable difference to the fuel economy?

Cheers

babyface

Hi UncySpam, I mostly do hwy driving Bunbury to Mandurah speed is 110ks for most of the way i use the cruse control and sit on 112 114. As long as i don't have the roof rack on i getting around 13.5 to 14.5 L per 100. Have never been under 13l per 100. I just had the 30000k service done. I also just had a snorkel fitted some say this should improve the fuel consumption. Going to fit a dc chip next year. I am still very happy with my Patrol even if i was around 15l per 100k it is still a value for money 4b.

Happy driving.
Cheers

babyface

Hows it going,
DC chip not fitted yet next year. I have hear from friends in Brisbane that have had thier crd3lt fited with DC chip and they are raped with the performance they are getting. More power in take offs and better fuel consumption on the hwy as long as your not going over 110k. Between 90 and 110 i have been told is the optimim range and is great if you are toeing a trailer you don't feel the hills. There are different types ARB carry them and Oppsite lock have a different. Price range around $1200 to $1500 thats here in the west.
Happy driven
Cheers

UncySpam

Hi UncySpam, I mostly do hwy driving Bunbury to Mandurah speed is 110ks for most of the way i use the cruse control and sit on 112 114. As long as i don't have the roof rack on i getting around 13.5 to 14.5 L per 100. Have never been under 13l per 100. I just had the 30000k service done. I also just had a snorkel fitted some say this should improve the fuel consumption. Going to fit a dc chip next year. I am still very happy with my Patrol even if i was around 15l per 100k it is still a value for money 4b.

Happy driving.
Cheers

if you drop your speed back to 100k'd you will easilly get 12l/100 :D

13/100 is about right for that engine in the way you drive by the sounds... :D

babyface

Going to try sitting on a 100k for the next few weeks. Had the weekend camping in Guilderton about 3 1/2 4 hr drive NTH from bunbury sat on 100k with the 4b loaded up with roof rack full and the back full. 460k on about 60lt. I think thats around 13L 100k roughly.

ray2008

I've got a 2008 auto CRD, 50mm lift, slightly larger tyres, bullbar etc, DPChip and ScanGauge II (a great engine monitoring tool). It's now done just over 6000km and the fuel consumption is dropping at each fill. The DPChip is now set to #8, as that seems to give the best overall performance.

My last fill worked out at 13.1lt/100km, but when new, I was getting 13.8lt/100. I expect things to improve once I've got around 15,000km on the clock, as that's when I've always noticed a measureable improvement in performance in my previous 3.0lt Patrols.

Cheers

Ray

babyface

Hey hows it going, I'll post some pic for you to look at just have learn how tryed to put one on my profile when i joined up but didn't work.

Safe driving

babyface

Hi Ray, what type/ brand of DC chip have you put in. I'v just ticked over 31000ks I don't think i have ever been under 13.5l per 100k going to keep the speed to 100k for this tank and see what differents that makes. most of my driving is hwy. What is a ScanGuage?
Safe Driving

ray2008

Hi Ray, what type/ brand of DC chip have you put in. I'v just ticked over 31000ks I don't think i have ever been under 13.5l per 100k going to keep the speed to 100k for this tank and see what differents that makes. most of my driving is hwy. What is a ScanGuage?
Safe Driving

I've got this chip: DPChip - Diesel Power Chip - 35% More Power & Torque for all EFI Diesel Cars, 4WD's, Trucks and Boats.

You can get ScanGauge info here, but it's only for the CRD engines: ScanGaugeII - Australian Sales - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool - Ample Outdoors

Cheers

Ray