Nissan Pathfinder ST-L 2006

BnB

Nissan Pathfinder ST-L, 2006

Good Points
Well here is where I am looking for your help...new to owning this model...research told me the best for buck was the Pathy and that it would be forgiving when I play in the dirt :) It was also well priced and fell into my budjet..kinda....Any one who has\had one please feel free to let me know what you have experianced!

So far it drives really well and has good torque for what I want.

Bad Points
Well here is where I am looking for your help...new to owning this model...research told me the best for buck was the Pathy and that it would be forgiving when I play in the dirt :) It was also well priced and fell into my budjet..kinda...Any one who has\had one please feel free to let me know what you have experianced!

What mods have you done?
From what I have seen and checked out she's bog stick standard... any recommendations ?????

What mods are on the list to do?
Snorkel and Lift kit... Set of BF Goodrich AT's too...

Why did you buy this vehicle?
We are keen campers and the old Ford Focus just didnt have the clearance, that being said it did go further than expected but never beyond the safety zone... We want to get away from those like us who had sedans and get into the bush... away from pretenders like we were :) Eventually a trip into the outback and onto real 4wd tracks is the plan...one step at a time tho.. I know my limits!

How often do you go offroad?
1 weekend a month is the plan at this stage...easy at first and then when car and my capabilities are aligned...much more!

What will your next vehicle be?
NFI... :)

Coxy

G'Day BnB,
Glad to see another Pathy around! I've got a 2006 ST-L V6. Not too many mods, but the best two things I have done is get decent tyres on it and remove the crappy plastic side-steps.

I use the standard rims and tyres on road and also picked up a set of steel rims from a Navara and put 265/75R16 muddies on. We had a Victorian meet-up in November and the Pathy surprised a few people (as well as me) with its capabilities. I've also got a set of polyairs that still need to be fitted.

In my humble opinion, if you're going to camp grounds in remote places then you have a great vehicle. If you want to play in deeply rutted stuff all weekend then the all-round independant suspension will limit where you can go (although it does have real advantages on the road). I've had the car almost three years from new and I'm really enjoying it.

Also check out Pathfinders' Club of Australia Home Page for more tips and info.

Welcome aboard and have fun.
Cheers
Coxy

BnB

Hey there grumpy..

Ormeau is 40ks south of Brissy and 40ks north of the gold coast.... on the pacific hwy and 45 mins from the dirt if I go due west!

Cheers

BnB

Hey there Coxy,

Mate I shopped around for a while and was sold on a duel cab until I drove this one! I love it. For what we want it will be more than enough and my bro in law has a 3.0 Patrol so I look forward to pulling him out of the rough spots... nah just joking and dont mean to offend the real 4wdrivers out there. Given I am intitially looking for the 1 weekend a month on the dirt and only in the area's I am competant driving on, then I hope that over time the old girl will live up to its name and find me some paths to drive on!

Ive just re shoed the beast with a set of Pirreli AT's 17/65/265. These from the forums and opinions that I read are going to give me the best road performance and also be more forgiving for my lack of dirt experiance and enable me to build the skills and confidence to get a little more of the blacktop!

Cheers

Safe driving

botts

Parthfinder 2006 Ti

This is my first 4wd and so far I've been impressed. Lost the plastic engine guard along the border track so I replaced that with a metal one and I have added a snorkel which at least it looks like a real 4WD. Choose the diesel model that performs exceptionally well for a 2.5l and and have replaced the standard tyres with Yokohama All Terrain which greatly out perform the factory standard and are even cheaper to buy. So far I've done the border track a couple of times and the tracks down at Beachport and Robe but I'm looking forward to going up to see the water in Lake Eyre. The vehicle so far has not let me down other then losing the engine guard and the only thing I can really complain about is an annoying squeak that comes from the bonnet catch area occasionally and the ridiculous price that Nissan want to charge for a couple of bars on the roof.

LowLux

Welcome aboard BnB. Nothin wrong with the Pathy's. Good rubber and a bit of lift maybe but that's all.

Coxy

Whats better in the pathfinder petrol or deisel engine

Depends what you're after. I got the petrol new 3 years ago as there were massive discounts (close to $9k off list and a great trade-in for the Monaro) and I figured that with my relatively low Kms I would never re-coup the costs of paying full price for a diesel. Petrol also has close to 200KW power and good torque (385Nm) which is more power and similar torque than any donk in the Patrol.
The 3 tonne towing capacity is great as I need to tow my own bowser getting an average 14l/100kms though ;)
Just my two cents worth.

BnB

Ive finally got out and got dirty.

The diesel is brillant and we averaged 9.1L/100 fully loaded. Not bad considering I average 8.6 on the black stuff.

Considering a bigger exhaust, turbo and chipping it...why...cause it will annoy the boss... seriously tho I have been told it that by doing the above, fuel consuption is reduced big time, average 8-8.2L/100. So I guess after a 40 or so tho K's Id get my money back.. hehehe..

Love the diesel and love the torque. There is a little turbo lag but hey..dont they all??

Cheers